KAPOW: R.I.P. Adam West

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I spent many a Saturday night in the mid 1960's wondering if Batman would survive that vat of custard or the stretching rack, The Penguin or The Joker were torturing him with. Then watch Sunday's episode,to jump up and down when he escaped.
Ah, the days when I was still young and naive enough to think that:
  • Vats of custard were really, really scary ...
  • This time, Batman and/or Robin might not escape!
:laugh:

88 - not a bad age to get to, and it sounded like he did pretty well until his last year or so.

Adam West also guest voiced in the 90's Warner Brothers Batman animation, as 'The Grey Ghost'
A Batman/Zorro style character, that his parents used to take the young Bruce, to the Cinema, to watch

He played himself, in the (1978) Burt Reynolds film 'Hooper', with Reynolds being his stunt double
The film, which is good fun, also notable, for Jan-Michael Vincent, James Best (Roscoe, in Dukes of Hazzard - the TV series)

His autobiography Back To The Batcave is a worthy read (it also clarifies the situation, regarding Bruce Lees (alleged) psyching out Burt Ward, when there was the Batman/Green Hornet cross-over

Mrs M

Guru
IMG_1097.JPG
Aw, loved Batman

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Adam West has passed away at the age of 88. A great superhero from my childhood.

RIP

Top Bottom