1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karma in Action

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by yorkshiregoth, 14 Nov 2007.

1. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

This morning on my way into a work I was waiting for the lights to change and a BMW pulled up next to me. As it was still dark and the driver had forgotten to turn his lights on, I very politely informed him and he turned them on, said his thanks and drove off.

Few hundred yards down the road I saw the same car giving way to other cyclists coming out of junctions even though he had clear right of way.

So be nice people.

2. What a tosser! You should have sued him.

Oh.. hang on....

3. Maz

Maz Guru

Nice one, Yorkshiregoth.
    One good turn deserves another, as they say.

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Personally I would've gobbed on his side window.

5. OP
    OP
    yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

6. spindrift

spindrift New Member

Nice work.

Gain his trust, then, when he least expects it, shoot him in the back of the head.

7. Cab

Cab New Member

Politely told a bloke this morning that one of his brake lights kept cutting out. Got a tirade of abuse back.

Shame, usually people want to know stuff like that and they'll be polite. Can't let the occasional cretin put me off.

8. frog

frog Guest

Back in the days when the C+ forum wasn't part of a great metropolis there was a thread about what to do if somene in a car cut you up. One suggestion was catching up to them at the light and innocently tap on the window. Don't mentioned they nearly killed you, instead tell them there's a very funny noise of grinding metal coming from one of their rear wheels. Be very concerned and polite and then ride off.

From a little seed of doubt a giant oak will grow. ;)

9. frog

frog Guest

Back in the days when the C+ forum wasn't part of a great metropolis there was a thread about what to do if somene in a car cut you up. One suggestion was catching up to them at the light and innocently tap on the window. Don't mentioned they nearly killed you, instead tell them there's a very funny noise of grinding metal coming from one of their rear wheels. Be very concerned and polite and then ride off.

From a little seed of doubt a giant oak will grow. :blush:

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

There was also the suggestion of opening their rear, near-side door, and then riding off.

I've never tried it.

11. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

There was also the suggestion of opening their rear, near-side door, and then riding off.

I've never tried it.

12. Cab

Cab New Member

Nice. Really nice :biggrin: Although unlikely to change their behaviour around cyclists.

13. Cab

Cab New Member

Nice. Really nice :tongue: Although unlikely to change their behaviour around cyclists.

14. jashburnham

jashburnham New Member

I've always wanted to lean in and steal the keys from idiots that have cut me up.. imagine just chucking them in the Thames and then riding off. I know it would be very wrong, but so damn satisfying.

15. jashburnham

jashburnham New Member

I've always wanted to lean in and steal the keys from idiots that have cut me up.. imagine just chucking them in the Thames and then riding off. I know it would be very wrong, but so damn satisfying.