Karma in Action

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
This morning on my way into a work I was waiting for the lights to change and a BMW pulled up next to me. As it was still dark and the driver had forgotten to turn his lights on, I very politely informed him and he turned them on, said his thanks and drove off.

Few hundred yards down the road I saw the same car giving way to other cyclists coming out of junctions even though he had clear right of way.

So be nice people.

What a tosser! You should have sued him.

Oh.. hang on....

Cab

Politely told a bloke this morning that one of his brake lights kept cutting out. Got a tirade of abuse back.

Shame, usually people want to know stuff like that and they'll be polite. Can't let the occasional cretin put me off.

frog

Back in the days when the C+ forum wasn't part of a great metropolis there was a thread about what to do if somene in a car cut you up. One suggestion was catching up to them at the light and innocently tap on the window. Don't mentioned they nearly killed you, instead tell them there's a very funny noise of grinding metal coming from one of their rear wheels. Be very concerned and polite and then ride off.

From a little seed of doubt a giant oak will grow. ;)

frog

Back in the days when the C+ forum wasn't part of a great metropolis there was a thread about what to do if somene in a car cut you up. One suggestion was catching up to them at the light and innocently tap on the window. Don't mentioned they nearly killed you, instead tell them there's a very funny noise of grinding metal coming from one of their rear wheels. Be very concerned and polite and then ride off.

From a little seed of doubt a giant oak will grow. :blush:

Cab

frog said:

From a little seed of doubt a giant oak will grow. ;)

Nice. Really nice :biggrin: Although unlikely to change their behaviour around cyclists.

Cab

frog said:

From a little seed of doubt a giant oak will grow. :blush:

Nice. Really nice :tongue: Although unlikely to change their behaviour around cyclists.

jashburnham

I've always wanted to lean in and steal the keys from idiots that have cut me up.. imagine just chucking them in the Thames and then riding off. I know it would be very wrong, but so damn satisfying.

jashburnham

I've always wanted to lean in and steal the keys from idiots that have cut me up.. imagine just chucking them in the Thames and then riding off. I know it would be very wrong, but so damn satisfying.

Tetedelacourse

Someone did that didn't they? But just flung them into a bush. IIRC, it was all on CCTV and the coppers had a good laugh with the boy that did it.

Tetedelacourse

Someone did that didn't they? But just flung them into a bush. IIRC, it was all on CCTV and the coppers had a good laugh with the boy that did it.

Top Bottom