kask Road helmets, or others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I bought a kask mojito earlier this year and found its a great helmet. Fits well, and vents haven't been too cold even in high winds. From trying them on in lbs, there's not much difference between the mojito and the one in there range at 80quid. I just went with the mojito because I could afford it.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's quite a nice looking hat for the price. What colour are you thinking of?
me? the black :ohmy: I don't like helmets with big vents like some, as looks weird with my hair and forehead :wacko:
I have found for £54

http://www.zeevon.com/cycle/clothing/safety/helmets/giro-sonnet-women-s-helmet8?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_campaign=Giro Sonnet Women's Helmet&gclid=CNSTh8z6-b0CFUoCwwodXpsAZg

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
Anyone had any experience of kask helmets? thinking of getting the k10 from wiggle but what with it costing over £100 thought I'd ask about first. If not then any recommendations for around £75-£100?
I've got a kask, I forget which model. I got it on a special after I smashed my Limar up in a crash. As others have said the fitting at the back makes it a snug fit, it can be a bit tight to get sunglasses in there! It's got plenty of ventilation, it's light enough. It looks a bit mushroomy but not as bad as some. I'm happy with it.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I have got a Kask k50 i have been using for about a year, it fits great really comfortable, since buying it a lot of other club members have bought one and they all seem happy with them, my other half also bought one, i had a Bell helmet before but never felt right for me, but as said in earlier post you need to try one on.

OP
OP
N

nxn2020

Just seen on wiggle the kask vertigo, normally 165 down to £114! Cheaper than the 'cheaper' ones!

judder

I have the Kask Vertigo because it was the best fitting n comfy helmet compared to other makes but you really need to try before you buy as helmets are all different for different people..

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It's no good asking someone else of their experience with a certain helmet as their head/expectations are bound to be different to yours. If you want to feel like someone on the Sky team get a Kask. IMO all you get with more expensive helmets is a better finish, a budget one will protect you just as well. It's your money so who am I to spoil your fun, if you want to look like Sir Brad! Most helmets have the same type of adjustment which comprises a knurled knob at the back of the helmet which controls an adjustable headband. So if you buy on line just measure the circumference of your head and check which size suits you.

Is your opinion informed at all?

As for the latter bolded statement, just because the mechanism used to adjust the fit is the same doesn't mean the overall fitting system is the same. Kask, from the K50 upwards in particular have a vertical adjustment.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Is your opinion informed at all?

As for the latter bolded statement, just because the mechanism used to adjust the fit is the same doesn't mean the overall fitting system is the same. Kask, from the K50 upwards in particular have a vertical adjustment.

At least I have an opinion, informed or not, unlike it seems yourself. I thought what we were trying to do here was help a guy choose a helmet. Rather than just point out the vertical adjustment why don't you say what use that may be?

OP
OP
N

nxn2020

Thought this was supposed to be friendly! Not supposed to start a cyber fight, come on guys I'm only just asking for people's views on helmets, up to the individual to act on them or not. Post your experiences with whatever helmet and let whoever wants to read this make their own mind up

Leodis

Veteran
I order a kask vertigo from Wiggle, 2 hours of indecision saved me £24!! Ordered the Matte black to match my ribble stealth and it arrived today. Quick test and feels really nice, not straight away like the Mojito did but comfy, the stickers where not all stuck down which was poor considering the price of it, after closer inspection some over spill on glue and the stickers keep rising but nothing major just slight annoyance.

Road test next weekend.

Edit: Sending back, glue holding the velcro to the lid have some off with the lining.

Last edited:
Top Bottom