kaspersky mobile phone anti-theft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Recycle

Über Member
Kaspersky, Cerebus (and probably others) have anti theft features that allow you to
  • remotely lock your mobile phone if it's stolen
  • take pics of the person using it using the phones camera
  • track the phone using GPS
  • wipe the data on the phone
  • if the thief changes the SIM, e-mail you the phone number of the of the new SM card.
These are nice features but can or will the police use them? i.e., If you reported you phone stolen would the police follow up using the details?

paul04

Über Member
These are nice features but can or will the police use them? i.e., If you reported you phone stolen would the police follow up using the details?

The apps I've seen, you can log on from any computer and track your phone that way, then if you wish wipe the data remotely, or let the police know where it is.

Kaspersky Lab’s new Anti-Theft Web Management portal is your web-based control centre – providing an easy-to-use, convenient way to interact with your phone remotely.
  • Activate all anti-theft commands – including Device Lock, Mugshot, Data Wipe, Locate and SIM Watch[b/]
Lots of info here
http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/kaspersky_mobile_security?redef=1&reseller=DRPPC_BS

OP
OP
Recycle

Recycle

Über Member
Yes I've installed and setup the software so I'm familiar with how it works. I just wondered if anyone had the experience of walking into a cop shop and saying "my phone is nicked, here is a picture of who's using it and here is exactly where you can find the low life". And if so, would they do anything other than simply give you a crime number and say "claim off insurance"

Top Bottom