Kate Bush and the Brontes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
When I heard on the radio that Kate Bush was doing Emily Bronte's stone, Carol Ann Duffy, Charlotte's, and Jackie Kay, Ann's, I wondered if Jeanette Winterson was going to do one for Branwell. But no, she's doing one for the Bronte legacy as a whole.

Anyone been to Haworth? It's like Bronteland.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
When I heard this news I thought
Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Unbelievable!

Don't give up the day job.

[QUOTE 5226387, member: 259"]Yes, it's totally tearoom. I think they breed coaches there.[/QUOTE]
Yes it's been like that for decades. Long time since I've been but I remember it all being very irritating.

OP
OP
perplexed

perplexed

Guru
The main street is café land for the most part, but there are a couple of second hand bookshops which I've enjoyed browsing in the past. Came away with a couple of lovely books for not a lot of money. There's some great countryside around there...

Globalti

Legendary Member
@ColinJ will tell you that while Haworth is rammed with tourists, the hamlet of Heptonstall on the hill above Hebden Bridge has as much charm but none of the tack. Both are on the edge of the moor at the top of steep hills, they grew there because before cotton people lived by spinning and weaving wool cloth, which would be taken down into the valley by packhorse and thence on trains of packhorses to market.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
When I heard on the radio that Kate Bush was doing Emily Bronte's stone, Carol Ann Duffy, Charlotte's, and Jackie Kay, Ann's, I wondered if Jeanette Winterson was going to do one for Branwell. But no, she's doing one for the Bronte legacy as a whole.

Anyone been to Haworth? It's like Bronteland.
You want Thornton for where they were born. Halifax for where they spent most of their time.

Top Bottom