Kate Bush and the Brontes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm sure Kate will like then idea too, as it'll likely stimulate sales of her back catalogue.

Money doesn’t motivate Kate Bush.
Her extremely sparse output is testament to that.
She could be as wealthy as any mega star with endless tours bashing out the hits if she was so inclined.
Indeed!
She apparently just wanted to be a proper Mum

If anyones read Mark Radcliffes book 'Thankyou For The Days', there's a chapter about setting up a meet at her house. & what he expected, & the reality

I run past 'Top Withins' each year, during the Withins Skyline fell-race http://www.woodentops.org.uk/

Indeed!
She apparently just wanted to be a proper Mum

If anyones read Mark Radcliffes book 'Thankyou For The Days', there's a chapter about setting up a meet at her house. & what he expected, & the reality

Sorry about it being the 'DM', but I did find this, slightly abridged, page about the book
The 'KB' chapter is down the page, the 'Told Bowie What To Sing' is good too
DSCF4793.JPG

He was also the first DJ, to play Madonna, on British radio, as a favour to an 'A&R' friend

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-star-encounters-diary-DJ-Mark-Radcliffe.html

D

Deleted member 26715

She could be as wealthy as any mega star with endless tours bashing out the hits if she was so inclined.
Was it not because she wasn't happy on stage & suffered with nerves before performances?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Of course, she's done it for free all these years.
No body does anything for free, but if you were to create a list of musicians who are in it for the money Kate Bush would be very close to the bottom.

OP
OP
perplexed

perplexed

Guru
Kate Bush doesn't generally conform to the pop star stereotype and I think this throws people a bit.

My take on it (without having read the book mentioned above) is that she views her music as a job. Yes, a job that she loves and has made her well off, but I get the impression she's just not interested in all the other stuff which appears to be a quasi-obligatory part of being a 'pop star'. She just wants to do her music and then crack on with her private life.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I got a bit interested in her recently and got the impression that she's doing some quite experimental almost classical stuff nowadays.

The poems will presumably in English and Japanese as the Withins fingerposts on the moors are bilingual.

Julia9054

Guru
Why shouldn't musicians get paid well for what they do? Why do people have this attitude that someone should do it for the love of it?
I enjoy my job but i am "in it for the money" as i have bills to pay just like everyone else. My son is a musician - he needs to get paid for what he does and i don't see why a successful musician should not be the same.

Top Bottom