Keep the use of cycle helmets optional HMG e-petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
B#gger, I would have signed it too, but apparently it's against the rules :sad:. Please, please don't let your government introduce a mandatory helmet law! Australia's a perfect example of why not: cycling here would be far more popular if it wasn't for that unnecessary removal of personal choice :angry:. Instead, the car rules over here, and our government's response to congestion is to just build more roads. It makes me despair, sometimes.

OP
OP
Archie_tect

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Highways Departments assume that roads should be designed to allow people to drive as fast as they physically can so that the car or lorry driver can see as far ahead as possible to give them confidence to drive faster.... this is counter productive and turns our roads into raceways.... I wouldn't start from here...

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Signed today. The sooner that the 'magic hat' brigade realise that wearing a plastic egg box on one's head does NOT turn one into an invincible Superman, the better for all concerned.

Bit of a blanket and ignorent perspective IMHO. Not every person wearing a plastic egg box believes it makes them an invincible superman. many like myself choose to wear a helmet through choice based on researching the subject.... I fully support peoples right to choose but equally think that when some non helmet wearers stop trying to take the higher moral ground, and learn why people make the choice to wear a helmet and work towards addressing those issues, the better for all concerned

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
I never received a head injury in the twenty five years + of cycling without a helmet but now choose to wear one.Weird innit?

avalon

Guru
The plod don't bother to pull knobheads up who cycle in the dark with no lights,not even reflectors,so would they chase after non helmet wearers?
They do chase after non helmet wearers in Australia, It's usually much easier to catch a "criminal'' cyclist than it is a mugger, rapist, etc.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2626644, member: 9609"]I am very happy for you to wear a helmet, but why do you object to me not wearing a helmet ?[/quote]
Where did spokey say that they objected to you not wearing a helmet? All that was written was "not done".

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2626668, member: 9609"]Going to the bother of posting "Not Done" heavily implies a fundamental disagreement with the petition.

If you don't like helmet debates don't enter a thread with a title such as the one for this thread.[/quote]
It doesn't imply anything of the sort. You just don't like it that they wear a helmet. Keep your opinions to yourself about other people. Especially when they haven't said anything.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
[QUOTE 2703229, member: 9609"]Yes it does

I am more than happy for other people to wear a helmet, i often wear one myself.

Posting on an internet forum invites other peoples opinions.

As all ready said, Posting "Not Done" in a thread that is inviting others to sign a petition is very much a statement against that petition.[/quote]
So no one is allowed to be against the petition then, is that what you're saying? It seems to me that you are bullying people into saying "I agree". Immediately jumping down the throats of anyone who dares to disagree with you. As you say "posting on an Internet forum invites other peoples opinions" which is exactly what you are doing. A petition can be opposed, it's not illegal or unheard of. It's called democracy, incase you didn't know.

Top Bottom