Keeping a bicycle shiny

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Happy69

Regular
I will be buying a brand new brompton, after cleaning it, can I protect it by waxing it like you would a car

screenman

Legendary Member
I will be buying a brand new brompton, after cleaning it, can I protect it by waxing it like you would a car

Yes, or you could use a paint sealant which is even better.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Smear anything chromed (brake nuts and bolts, seatclamp bolt) with Vaseline in winter, otherwise the salt will make them rusty in no time. The wipe it off again in spring.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
D

Deleted member 26715

I do not clean either my bike or my car, waste of water & adds chemicals to the table

nickAKA

Über Member
Colinite 476 wax is as good as anything at protecting & 'shining' anything. It's available pretty much everywhere & cheap enough. Not easy to work with when it's cold but it should take half an hour to do a bike frame tops. You can spend a hell of a lot more if you want concourse super glossy but I really cant see the point, it's the protection you need.

OP
OP
Happy69

Happy69

Regular
Colinite 476 wax is as good as anything at protecting & 'shining' anything. It's available pretty much everywhere & cheap enough. Not easy to work with when it's cold but it should take half an hour to do a bike frame tops. You can spend a hell of a lot more if you want concourse super glossy but I really cant see the point, it's the protection you need.

It will be warm in the house so it can be polished there, thanks for the advice

Top Bottom