Keeping clothes smart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carolonabike

Wet wipes and deodorant will probably be enough for a 4 mile trip. Rolling is much better than folding. If you can, keep a spare set of clothes at work for the inevitable day when you forget your trousers or shirt (I have virtually an entire alternative wardrobe here which I rotate). If you can't do that at least keep a spare pair of socks at work, one day you'll get wet feet.

Commuting by bike is soooo much better than using the car, especially on days like this :smile:

A spray bottle filled with slightly soapy water is a useful thing to keep at work for a quick impromtu "shower" if needed

I am fortunate to have a locker which I keep stocked with uniform, spare socks and underwear etc. Also have access to showers and drying facilities.

I tend to pass my work place occasionally when I am out doing other things (in the car) so I always take the opportunity to top up my clothing requirements. I guess I am exceptionally lucky, to have such good facilities.

OP
OP
J

jasondeacon

Wow, some great replies guys! Some real helpful practical advice.
Started last Friday but it was casual day so just went in jeans. I did ok only crashed into one person when my front brakes and bell failed! Will be looking at Amazon now to buy some better pads.
Today is smart day so will try out some ideas such as the rolling shirt/trousers, towel and leaving shoes etc.
Thanks for the help.
JD.