Keeping in touch with relations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
We Zoom every Sunday at 14.00.Edinburgh and Manchester.I also phone my older mates once a week.Can't wait till it's all over..I am going to Hunmanby as soon as I can.to see old Ernie.

gbb

Legendary Member
For one set of grandkids, our son and his partner...its facetime everynow and then, plus we have done an odd drive by to drop stuff off when theyve run out of something. Generally contact via FB.
Other son, wife and grandkids pop past on their exercise hour everynow and then, knock and we chat at a safe distance for 10 minutes. Otherwise its FB messaging.
Daughter, we chat on the phone etc.
Mum, 90, I pop in twice a week, wash on arrival, dettol my hands then hygienic wipe everything I've touched as much as I can plus keep as much distance as possible.. She is used to being on her own but I can see she is struggling a little with the isolation, plus she is very unstable on her feet so I hoover up etc. I probably shouldn't be doing what I am but she needs someone to make sure she is as ok as possible. Ring her every day for 15 minutes or so.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Yes, I wasn't the host for our meeting, but middle brother who was the host told me he got the same message.

I've also just read it in the terms and conditions somewhere without reference to China, but I cannot now find the link.

There's an awful lot about privacy and passwords becoming compulsory in April.

Seems to me Zoom have become aware of their reputation for poor security and are doing their best to sort it.

I couldn't care less about anyone unfortunate enough to have to listen to my family gossip, but I suppose Zoom want business meetings from companies who may pay for the service who would not want want sensitive commercial chat overheard.

Not totally sure about this, but, I think this may be a first for you? ie, you were said to be right ;)

Top Bottom