Keeping safe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Origamist said:
Here it is, a gentle left hook:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jr-t4VYpmk

When I looked back, just before the junction, he was not indicating, but he was slowing - this alerted me to the left turn. Anticipation makes a potentially dangerous situation, fairly benign. That said, it's difficult to judge my speed or how hard I had to brake from the vid.

This is the downside of the cameras, and espcially the wide angle lens, as it distorts what is on the edges and thus trying to work out speed extra is very hard.

It's picking up on those little things, such as him slowing down, that can make the difference. Mostly it's just being aware of whats going on and experience.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Origamist said:
See post 12;)

You want me to read the whole thread :biggrin:

laertes

At Vauxhall, the safest thing to do would be to get over onto the left hand side and then go straight across the road onto the bike path that runs along in front of those hideous green apartment blocks. There are a couple of places where there are no kerbs.

You can then cycle along and cross the road at the cycle / pedestrian crossing at the junction where traffic filters onto the bridge. From there you can either get in front of stationary traffic heading for Waterloo, or, if they are moving, cross in front of the southbound traffic coming off the bridge, get the bike path around the corner and then get back onto the road east.

Top Bottom