Keith Flint (Prodigy) dead at 49

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I was thinking of having 'Firestarter' played at my cremation.

Last edited:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Very sad. He was a cyclist too apparently. This copied from Twitter:

M∆SON‏ @MASON_Cycles
Man. So sad to hear that Keith Flint has died.
In a past life, I built a bike for him and we rode through the Essex lanes to give it a shakedown.
A nicer, quieter, kinder man you could not wish to meet. Good rider too, he left me standing.
RIP sir
1f64f-1f3fb.png

Prodigy.jpg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sad news and no age to peg it.
I was at a practice day at Mallory Park in 1998, doing some shake down runs on a 500 Manx Norton prior to the Manx Grand Prix, when this weird guy with spikey hair, tattoos and piercings came up and started showing a lot of interest in the bike. We chatted for about 20 minutes, during which time he showed me the Ducati 916 that he was riding. He'd turned up with a couple of mates in a Transit van. He seemed like a pretty knowledgeable guy regarding bikes.
After he left, a mate said to me - 'Do you know who that was? It was Keith Flint from the Prodigy !'.
I hadn't a clue who he was and had never heard of the band.
Can't say I'm a fan of his music but he seemed like a decent guy.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly

View: https://twitter.com/user/status/1102541475538239488
He gave up the tenancy a few years ago, always fancied visiting the pub some time (with or without him in charge). On the FNRttC to Maldon last year, we went near Pleshey, and the pub & Keef immediately sprang to mind. Some of us went to Witham for a train home. Guy talking to newsagent at the station front....about Keith giving up the pub!

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
Truely gutted when I found out, as others have said I grew up with the Prodigy as my soundtrack.

They are still massive now with sell out tours.

Lucky enough to have seen them live a few years back, absolute magic and they all gave 110%.

RIP Keith, 49 is far to young to go mate..

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Sad news and no age to peg it.
I was at a practice day at Mallory Park in 1998, doing some shake down runs on a 500 Manx Norton prior to the Manx Grand Prix, when this weird guy with spikey hair, tattoos and piercings came up and started showing a lot of interest in the bike. We chatted for about 20 minutes, during which time he showed me the Ducati 916 that he was riding. He'd turned up with a couple of mates in a Transit van. He seemed like a pretty knowledgeable guy regarding bikes.
After he left, a mate said to me - 'Do you know who that was? It was Keith Flint from the Prodigy !'.
I hadn't a clue who he was and had never heard of the band.
Can't say I'm a fan of his music but he seemed like a decent guy.

I think he had his own team; Team Traction Control?

AndyRM

XOXO
Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

I've never felt this way about someone I don't know before, and if I'm honest never really understood those who did.

Better warn my neighbours about the tribute gig heading their way tonight...

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I think he had his own team; Team Traction Control?
I believe so, but when I met him he was basically there enjoying a thrash round the track with a couple of mates. He wasn't too bad a rider either - would probably have done reasonably well in club races.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

I've never felt this way about someone I don't know before, and if I'm honest never really understood those who did.

Better warn my neighbours about the tribute gig heading their way tonight...
I felt like that about M.J because I believe he was Asexual & not a pedo.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
That's a real shame. I've always listened to them. Some of it is hit and miss.

One of those few bands that totally had their own unique signature sound, not copied like others, that worked really well..

Real shame RIP.

Top Bottom