Ken Block dies in an Snow Mobile accident

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
You're not alone....
Snow, dangerous stuff - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64149476

Apparently Renner managed to run himself over with his own snow plough (leg injury leading to major blood loss)

Last edited:

mustang1

Legendary Member
Bloody heck. very skillful driver and a good personality to boot. Sad news. My thoughts to his loved ones.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
According to TMZ the Snowcat Pistenbully's safety features failed and caused it to roll over Renner's leg.

I've never heard of either person btw.

the chap who run over himself with a pisten bully, was stood near it chatting a relative he'd towed out of the snow and it started to move so he tried to jump back into the cab and missed...

"failed safety features" would be not applying the handbrake maybe or switching off the engine?

Mind I've watched my Chevette slowly run into my Aunties fence...so shouldnt criticise.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Mid engined, open wheeled car, alternator belt was slipping, I tightened it up, then lent into car & flicked the starter without checking it was in neutral first, car fired & ran taking my feet under the back wheel, luckily as the wheel started to turn & went over my feet it pushed me to the ground & when the wheel came off my feet it went down the side of my legs rather than onto them, bruised & took skin off. Car then stopped as it hit the wall & stalled.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

the chap who run over himself with a pisten bully, was stood near it chatting a relative he'd towed out of the snow and it started to move so he tried to jump back into the cab and missed...

"failed safety features" would be not applying the handbrake maybe or switching off the engine?

Mind I've watched my Chevette slowly run into my Aunties fence...so shouldnt criticise.

How badly damaged was the Chevette? Those fences can be brutal :laugh:

icowden

Veteran

Quite possibly. Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye in the MCU and has been in two Mission Impossible films, just FYI. I hadn't heard of the Rally driver.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Unless you do something truly catastrophically awful, a modern rally car with its cage will mean you walk away from an accident. Not so things without cages like in this accident, quads and so on :sad:

See Colin McRae and helicopters.
Maybe rally drivers just need to push the limit for kicks.
Just don’t do it with kids in the vehicle.

Top Bottom