Ken Laidlaw 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy knees

That's me got my entry confirmed for the Ken Laidlaw on the 25th August.

http://www.kenlaidlawsportive.co.uk/index.html

Looking forward to it already. I had entered it a couple of years ago but injury prevented me from taking part
I did it last year and really enjoyed it,

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Did it back in 2008 or 9 and it p1ssed for the whole 105 but despite that I really enjoyed it (and the cake stops), IMO it was the best organised Sportive Ive done :thumbsup:
Yup - it was 09 and here is Cycling Weekly's report on it. :whistle:

I did it the following year too - when Ken himself rode a good part of it - and the weather was so-o-o much better. (not difficult ^_^).

It is a cracking ride - tough, extremely well organised and a real sense of achievement when completed :thumbsup: - one that should be in everyone's palmares !

I will go and watch and take some photos of you all^_^ . The first part of the ride through Bonchester is only a couple of miles from home, on roads that I ride regularly. The short route is one of my summer favourites:smile:, especially after the climb to Note o' the Gate, with the road dropping down to Saughtree . I was hoping to enter this year, but the date clashed with something else happening the same day.

I will go and watch and take some photos of you all^_^ . The first part of the ride through Bonchester is only a couple of miles from home, on roads that I ride regularly. The short route is one of my summer favourites:smile:, especially after the climb to Note o' the Gate, with the road dropping down to Saughtree . I was hoping to enter this year, but the date clashed with something else happening the same day.

Hi Martyn,
What sort of condition are the roads in down there? I'm looking forward to this event already and its 6 months away

Cheers
Andy

Hi Martyn,
What sort of condition are the roads in down there? I'm looking forward to this event already and its 6 months away

Cheers
Andy
Sorry in making a late reply - have been in Glasgow for a few days. The roads are gernerally ok at the moment. There are a few craters but Scottish borders Council are filling them in at the moment. I'll be glad when the winter mud gets washed away too. It's really sunny here at present :sun: , and as I'm on a day off, I may go out for a spin this afternoon - well wrapped up though it's still a bit chilly :cold:

Tough but enjoyable day at the KL sportive. My time was 6 hours 20 minutes which I'm very pleased with considering I rode about 70% of it solo.
Great course with great views and mixed road surfaces. 2 tough climbs in the last 25 miles - the Swire and Wolf Rig.
Very well marshalled and great facilities at the start/finish at Hawick Rugby Club

Waspie

Über Member
Sounds like you had a good day. Impressive time.
My bike was playing up so cut it short and did the 50 instead, left crank/bb/pedal was creaking loudly on every downstroke, felt solid enough so I'm sure it would have got me round but it was driving me (and my companions) mental. :cursing:
Was a bit gutted as this is one of the events that I look forward to.

Top Bottom