Kenda Valkyrie Tyres, Anyone Heard Of Them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good evening,

I have just bought a pair of these; delivery seems to be about 3 weeks so I am curious, has anyone heard of them?

The web site makes them sound quite good https://shop.kendatire.com/Valkyrie-p/214002.htm but Google asked if I meant Honda Valkyrie?

t1.png

Bye

Ian
p.s.
It will take my mind off what am I going to do with 12 water bottles and cages?

b2.png

Last edited:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Kenda are a budget brand supplied on many new bikes. For £12 you can't expect much and I suspect puncture resistance won't too wonderful but I'll be interested to know how you get on with them.
Shame you're only getting water bottles, should be twelve hand maidens 😂
Valkyrie
/ˈvalkɪri/
nounSCANDINAVIAN MYTHOLOGY
each of Odin's twelve handmaids who conducted the slain warriors of their choice from the battlefield to Valhalla.

Last edited:
Good morning,

Normally I would pass Kenda by because they are a budget brand but the Valkries typically retail online in the £25-£30 each range, this puts them into the "good tyres" price bracket.

By the time that you have added VAT, delivery and buyer's premium it ends up at £24 so it is effectively a BOGOF.

Currently I am quite liking Planet X's own brand Mile Muncher (Panaracer) which is also a £25ish tyre. Sadly the new/old look Planet X hasn't offered them at the usual sale price for a while and I have run out,

Both of these are more expensive than my used to be goto tyre, the Continental Ultrasport which are available heavily discounted in the £14-£20 range, so at normal price the Valkrie has a lot to live up to.

Given Kenda's claims of ...highest levels of quality and performance while maintaining practical levels of durability and flat resistance I am only expecting them to last 6/8 (rear/front) weeks anyway so it will only be a disaster if they puncture a lot. I haven't had a visit from the puncture fairly recently so am due one or two. :-)

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
Top Bottom