Kendal mint cake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wisdom

Guru
As its the anniversary of the everest expedition i thought that i would ask this question.
Is there any benefit to cyclists by using Kendal mint cake as an energy source.They do claim its good for energy,also it would be easy to carry.Tastes very nice(not good before water though).Any thoughts folkes?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I live in Kendal, I love Kendal,.........I hate Kendal Mint Cake.

Solid slab of sugar that'll set your teeth quivering with fear.

Same amount of energy as a cup of tea with around 30-40 teaspoons of sugar in it.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
I live in Kendal, I love Kendal,.........I hate Kendal Mint Cake.

Solid slab of sugar that'll set your teeth quivering with fear.

Same amount of energy as a cup of tea with around 30-40 teaspoons of sugar in it.

I live near-ish Kendal...quite like Kendal...love kendal mint cake...especially chocolate covered!!!! :biggrin:

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
Better off with homemade fruit cake with a thin layer of marzipan to nibble on. Kendle mint cake is ok for anorak ramblers which they have sticking out of their backpack for show:laugh:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Used to like it but have lost my sweet tooth. These days, that amount of sugar looks painful.

Why is a thread about Kendal Mint Cake in the Bike Buying Advice section of the forum? :wacko:

pawl

Legendary Member
I’m a hard core midlander🤬Love Kendal mint cake.Favourite chocolate covered.Also like Marmite on toast and Peanut Butter and Strawberry jam on toast.

Twilkes

Guru
Now if he had gone to Scotland for his walking weekends and brought back some tablet that would have been a different kettle of fish, love tablet, which again is full of sugar but tastes to die for.

As a Scottish resident and one-time fudge lover I should be well into tablet, but it and fudge seem too rich to stomach these days, probably the dairy content. Although it's remained me of treacle toffees so I'll maybe pull some of those out on another ride.

"A quarter of lemon sherbets please mister..."

ozboz

Guru
Back in the day at 12 yo, I went to Windermere on a D o Edinburgh award week, they gave us mint cake in our packed rations , it was a really good comfort food , I’ve never had any in all these years , but fond memories hoofing alone seemingly endless trails soaked to the skin chomping on Mint Cake ,

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It's like biting solid sugar! I think these days that just the prospect of chewing some would have my teeth hurting.

I like something chewier and a little less sweet, like a peanut butter Clif bar.

Top Bottom