Ketosis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ive not had an A1C for since just around xmas. That was still elevated. Now my daily fasted glucose tests are consistently around 4.8 . I got off track over Christmas but are now much better with my regime. Today Ive brought tea forward to lunchtime, but will have a plate of vegetables sometime this evening. Busy today.

Lunch was totally keto

Attachments

• 20220225_121347.jpg
    20220225_121347.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 15

Fat Lars

I would suggest you read up properly then. Sustained keytones will damage your organs. As you know indication of keytones means you are burning glycogen stores but continued levels will damage kidneys. Also means your blood is becoming acidic. The higher the number the worse it is.
As you know indication of keytones means you are burning glycogen stores

Ketones are fat burning. Glycogen is glucose. If you are in ketosis then you are predominantly fat burning

Last edited:

Fat Lars

Andy

My ketones measure up to 1.0 most of the time. Anything above 0.5 is ketosis. When you are fasting then the levels will increase. During my 2nd day of 3 day fast my levels went up to 2.1 and my blood glucose was 4.8.

You can find out your Glucose Ketone index from this web site

https://keto-mojo.com/glucose-ketone-index-gki/

and use this web site to convert your BG mg/dL to mmol/L

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-sugar-converter.html

The ketone strips work out be a £1 each. The urine strips will be of no use after you are in ketosis for a couple of months or so and the breath meters are not very good at all. Ignore all this balanced diet nonsense. It is total nonsense as you and I both know.

Fat Lars

My son measures his ketones regularly and he hovers between 0.5 and 0.8 most of the time. You don't have to have high numbers to be effective. After a 100 mile training ride they rise to between 1.4 to 2.0. That's because he doesn't feed at all on the ride and shows 100% that ketones are the best fuel for the body. Incidentally today he was the bike leg of a Triathlon relay team and rode the fastest beating a national tour rider, winner of a tour earlier this year, by over a minute.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Been busy all day installing a new fence for my elderly neighbour. Just had my meal of the day.

My Ketone level before dinner was 1.8 ^_^
Glucose 3.9

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
This morning after overnight
Glucose 5.3
Ketones 0.5

The glucose will go down, I tend to experience 'dawn phenomenon' for glucose , ketones will rise during the day.

Fat Lars

After a while you'll stop taking readings every day. I realised that as long as I kept doing the same things then there was no need. You know if you are in ketosis or not. I only take mine during a fast and that's about once every couple of weeks or so.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I quickly realised the routine I have will allow ketosis during the fasting period.

Im pleased that Ive attained fat adaption, I now know, Im nibbling away each day I fast my body fat stores.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Still plodding along. Fasting between 16 and 20 hours each day.

Ive had a couple of cheat days or restaurant meals overall though kept on the regime.

Im able to quickly drop back into ketosis which is good.

Ive dropped a further 3 pounds this week- nearly into another stone bracket, which possibly may be the weight region I'll end up wanting to maintain.

Anyhow here are today's fasted glucose and ketone levels

20220310_132637.jpg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Run out of ketones strips, so only glucose numbers from 18hr fasting today. 4.0

Just about to knock up some scrabbled eggs then tea at 5pm, followed by Zwift race 8pm

Simple Simon

Veteran
Top Bottom