Key case

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Anyone else use a key case when cycling as a safe way of having your keys on you rather than in a saddle bag or top tube bag? Have tried two, one from John Lewis which after a while started to lose a key; the key holder sections having insufficient tension to retain a key - a bit of obvious weakness. Also one of the retaining loops the key holder sections fit onto fell out. Now tried one off ebay that has far stronger key holders with no problem retaining the keys but the loop they fit to are weaker and two have already parted company. So any recommendations of one that stays together would be appreciated preferably with a detachable key holder

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Whats wrong with a pocket? It always works for me.

D

Deleted member 1258

I use a small velcro wallet, just big enough for a ten pound note, bank card, a house key and a lock key.

Bare keys, esp sharper ones can easily wear fabric.
When I look for a deadbolt lock I am always mindful to pick the one with the least aggressive looking shape, not the one with two narrow prongs sticking out.
You can get swiss army style key holders such a keyport.

OP
OP
Mike_P

Mike_P

Guru
Given I managed to break a collar bone* whilst still sat on the bike the thought of a loose key or keys and what could happen is not something I am too keen on.

*Bike skidded on a bend, collided with a wall that bent the front wheel beyond repair while an overhanging tree branch did for my collar bone.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If I'm doing a car-borne ride I hide the car blipper in the top of a front spring.

Top Bottom