Pedals not requiring an 8mm Allen key

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
Well removal is usually the hardest part - I'm more worried about doing THAT bit easily.

As for fitting without cross-threading; good point, but I almost always start them off by hand. Choice of tool doesn't really come into it. (but isn't it nicer to have the choice??)

this makes no sense, any crank in the forward lower part of the rotation will have full access to the allen bolt head on the reverse of the pedal.

I get that stiff pedal is easier to remove with a decent pedal spanner. fitting one I find way easier with the allen key from the reverse as you can easily tell its sat "straight" in the threads.

No I said it was an indoor bike. Take a look at the Stages SB20 and how awkward it is to get to the pedals. The huge protection plate means that you just cannot get the angle to fit any Allen bolt in.
Fine with any other bike.

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
Send me the XTR's and I'll send you some 520's. Deal ? :whistle:

How about you come and pick up my 65kgs indoor bike and change the pedals each time we need to modify the riders height?
This may help explain the issue:
https://manuals.stagescycling.com/en/stages-bike/user-guide/setup/pedal-installation/

The problem was the bike was installed for me by a mechanic from Stages and he put the pedals on and said nothing about using an Allen key until it was time for me to remove them.

I used the XTR's as they were just available.

Last edited:
Top Bottom