Keyfob camera....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
simon the viking
Mini Camera has arrived and I've used it. First night it went flat half way through a 30 min commute despite a several hour charge, but after an all night charge it managed the whole commute this morning. but footage when not on bike is fine but when on bike its very juddery due to the vibration I suppose, So i've put some sponge underneath it to help.

If this doesn't work I was going to move it to my helmet, has anybody else got any good ideas to cure it

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Mini Camera has arrived and I've used it. First night it went flat half way through a 30 min commute despite a several hour charge, but after an all night charge it managed the whole commute this morning. but footage when not on bike is fine but when on bike its very juddery due to the vibration I suppose, So i've put some sponge underneath it to help.

If this doesn't work I was going to move it to my helmet, has anybody else got any good ideas to cure it
I selotaped mine to my rear stays on my frame. It is a little juddery but only when I ride on rough roads. I have never had a problem with the battery of mine. Lasts about 1hr 45mins.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I selotaped mine to my rear stays on my frame. It is a little juddery but only when I ride on rough roads. I have never had a problem with the battery of mine. Lasts about 1hr 45mins.
Seemed okay for charge today couldn't have charged it enough first time, but hoping sponge will do something for judder as footage is fine when hand held.

Therapor

I've had one of the 808s from Techmoan's reviews for a year or so now, the battery life is the only issue the picture quality is amazingly good for the size and cost of the camera, and ideal for fixing to a bike/helmet.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I put some sponge under the mini D.V whilst on handlebars... still very shaky footage so I have now attached it to my helmet.... (I will stand back now and wait for inevitable jokes:giggle: ) hopefully that will cure it (opps and again)

compo

Veteran
I had a Muvi clone and like others I found the battery life poor. In the end I bought a bigger capacity battery off Ebay and simply soldered the wires to the circuit board in parallel with the existing battery. It meant the battery had to live outside the camera and I fastened it to the camera with a double sided sticky tab. The battery would then outlast the memory card.

OP
OP
simon the viking
I had a Muvi clone and like others I found the battery life poor. In the end I bought a bigger capacity battery off Ebay and simply soldered the wires to the circuit board in parallel with the existing battery. It meant the battery had to live outside the camera and I fastened it to the camera with a double sided sticky tab. The battery would then outlast the memory card.

I've only got a half hour each way commute and can charge at work if needed. did you get a shaky image and did you cure it?

Therapor

If you can't resolve anything go for an 808, they have a good reputation and are smaller.

OP
OP
simon the viking
If you can't resolve anything go for an 808, they have a good reputation and are smaller.
I may have been a bit hasty in saying it had packed up it may have just have been flat (although I dont know why because I hadn't really used it since charging) its now working again so will give it another go... but if I get addicted to bike cams I may replace it with something better so thanks for suggestion

Therapor

The 808s have an initial battery life of 45 minutes (when new!), but that decrease over time and they leak charge, you'll find your cheaper camera will suffer the same. Saying that yours looks bigger than an 808 so I guess the life might be longer?

It's a real shame as the battery is the only weak point of the camera.

Top Bottom