Khs 14 Aero Turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just back from collecting this Khs 14 Aero Turbo .

A quick clean and some fresh grease should see this early 90's machine back oh the road .

IMG_20180803_203241065.jpg
IMG_20180803_203223519.jpg
IMG_20180803_203218915.jpg
IMG_20180803_203230450.jpg

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice one, maybe @Gravity Aided could throw some light.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Knowledge, Health, (&) Strength. Affiliated with Yamaha, I've only seen a few road bikes by them, they were big in the early mountain bike scene, like in the 80's and 90's. They made a pink (I called it Coral) mountain bike I had at one time. Probably made in Taiwan, although the True Temper tubing was of American origin. First people to use 531 in a Taiwan made roadbike in the American market. Gets my vote for best bike brand few people have ever heard of. Some Aero Turbos had a bent seat tube to accommodate a closer tire clearance, like unto a Schwinn Sprint, only more extreme.

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Knowledge, Health, (&) Strength. Affiliated with Yamaha Gets my vote for best bike brand few people have ever heard of. Some Aero Turbos had a bent seat tube to accommodate a closer tire clearance, like unto a Schwinn Sprint, only more extreme.

I keep looking for one of the bent tube ones but quite a rarity .

Yes made in Taiwan .

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Lots of great frames made from True Temper back in that day. 1985 Schwinn Traveler comes to mind, the one with downtube mounted shifters, I may be catty wampus on the year, but around there. Performed way above what you would expect from a Traveler, also made in Taiwan, probably by Giant, IIRC. A fine bike you have there. What are the components? 105?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Lots of great frames made from True Temper back in that day. 1985 Schwinn Traveler comes to mind, the one with downtube mounted shifters, I may be catty wampus on the year, but around there. Performed way above what you would expect from a Traveler, also made in Taiwan, probably by Giant, IIRC. A fine bike you have there. What are the components? 105?

Exage 500 components
And i am looking forward to riding it

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Is the tubing slightly ovalized to make it "aero", as I can't see anything particularly unusual about the frame aside from the fact that it's welded not brazed. Quite a smart looking machine, but looks to be an entirely conventional design to me.

Top Bottom