Khs 14 Aero Turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I would've guessed smaller than that?

The actual triangle looks 21"-ish, but being lugless the end of the seat tube sticks up a bit higher.
Head tube length can also be a bit deceptive, as it can be affected by how short or long the wheelbase is. I try to judge the HT size as a multiple of the frame tube diameters.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I would've guessed smaller than that?

Must admit not checked it myself

Is the tubing slightly ovalized to make it "aero", as I can't see anything particularly unusual about the frame aside from the fact that it's welded not brazed. Quite a smart looking machine, but looks to be an entirely conventional design to me.

No STD profile tubing and it's lugless design but otherwise fairly standard .

Curiosity drove me to get a tape measure and check it 54 cm from crank centre to seat pinch bolt centre so just around 21 1/4"
iyou seem to be comfy on the same size frames as me and I'd normally struggle on anything that small, but aren't these sposed to have a longer top tube to get the stretched out time trialling stance (the aero bit of the name)?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
iyou seem to be comfy on the same size frames as me and I'd normally struggle on anything that small, but aren't these sposed to have a longer top tube to get the stretched out time trialling stance (the aero bit of the name)?

Not noticed it being extra long but i must admit it felt comfortable enough on this morning's maiden commute / evaluation ride once i stopped a couple of time and lifted the saddle and rotated the bars just going to try shifting the saddle back a bit and then go from there oh and i have also added a bottle cage so i can Recycle whilst we ride . All in all it all worked fine ie 14 gears and brakes that slow you down .

I also noticed this morning whilst giving it a quick wipe down that the white stars along the top tube have been removed you can just see a fain outline above the coke can .

aer1.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Bit more tinkering tonight that involved replacing the saddle with one of my selle smp units along with greasing the seat post , a bit of mickling on the chain and a bit of spoke adjusting on the rear wheel

Top Bottom