Khs Turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The previous owner used it for the 100 mile Eroica Brittanica in 2015 .

And then didnt really use it much afterwards , tempted to try a set of 700's in it but will see how it rides a bit more yet as it seemed very nice on the short ride i had last night .

And looking at the Shimano info @midlife put up the crank is almost identical

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Still using the 1 1/4" tyres at mo .

Had its first day of commuting today , all good ^_^

Swapped the seat post & saddle from the Viscount as same o/d but long enough to allow me have this one high enough , the specialized saddle was a squishy squashy thing and was horrid to sit on

Snap! I've found one just like yours. Although my frame isnt quite as good as yours and has a San Marco Rolls saddle it seems an exact copy of yours in all the other datail,even down to the 32mm tyres. Mine has Continental Ultrasports but they have too much bounce for my liking, I'll either have to change them or take a couple of travel sickness tablets everytime I go out. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I hope I enjoy mine.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@carltondawes got any pics of yours ?
Wow 32mm tyres are a bit wide for an 80's road bike

@carltondawes got any pics of yours ?
Wow 32mm tyres are a bit wide for an 80's road bike
Well, this IS embarassing, Two days before I bought my bike i found your post saying that you had just taken delivery of your bike and read your description with pics. Two days after I got my bike I looked at your pics again but didn't read your spec and was quite surprised at how closely the bikes were matched.
I think by now you can guess where this story is heading. It was only when i noticed your post was dated 2017 and that the patination around the badge transfer was identical that I realised that the bike must be the one that was shown in your post of 2017.
Well,after you've stopped laughing I must say that I think the bike is in great condition for its age. Now that its had a good wash and degrease I just need to try to lessen the curse of its side pull brakes, but thats part of the charm of old bikes......I suppose.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Well, this IS embarassing, Two days before I bought my bike i found your post saying that you had just taken delivery of your bike and read your description with pics. Two days after I got my bike I looked at your pics again but didn't read your spec and was quite surprised at how closely the bikes were matched.
I think by now you can guess where this story is heading. It was only when i noticed your post was dated 2017 and that the patination around the badge transfer was identical that I realised that the bike must be the one that was shown in your post of 2017.
Well,after you've stopped laughing I must say that I think the bike is in great condition for its age. Now that its had a good wash and degrease I just need to try to lessen the curse of its side pull brakes, but thats part of the charm of old bikes......I suppose.

So you reckon it could be my old bike ?

If i remember rightly i sold it down Brighton way ?

So you reckon it could be my old bike ?

If i remember rightly i sold it down Brighton way ?
If you're right about Brighton, and I'm right about it being your old bike then it must have done more miles than if it had been in the Tour of Britain! When I get some time I'll work through the spec and post it to you to see if it is a match against your spec

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
If you're right about Brighton, and I'm right about it being your old bike then it must have done more miles than if it had been in the Tour of Britain! When I get some time I'll work through the spec and post it to you to see if it is a match against your spec

Oops sorry i thought we were talking about this one Khs 14 Aero Turbo .:blush:

Now i have re set my brain i am trying to remember where and who i sold this one to :wacko:

I can't imagine there will be many of these about so stands a good chance of being same bike

Top Bottom