Kickr Snap - Couple of Queries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I’ve put about 60km onto my Kickr Snap and I’ve got to say I’m delighted. I’ve posted elsewhere that I have found TrainerRoad to be the app I favour. I’m not really interested in the simulator stuff in this 5 minutes.

But my best surprise yet is doing a bike fit. I have really been able to fine tune my fit on a smart trainer. Who would have thought? Obvious now I’ve done it. My saddle needed lowering a smidge and easing forward about 8mm. One cleat was also slightly off. These things are harder to tell, leant up against a wall or riding up and down the road fettling.

Chuffed to chuffing bits I am.

I'm thinking of getting this trainer, am I going to have to steal my girlriends iPhone everytime I want to do an advanced spindown?

Is Advanced Spindown/ Calibration easy to do? I'm going to be wanting a similar wattage reading to my stages and will have my stages on my Garmin for comparison.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I'm thinking of getting this trainer, am I going to have to steal my girlriends iPhone everytime I want to do an advanced spindown?

Is Advanced Spindown/ Calibration easy to do? I'm going to be wanting a similar wattage reading to my stages and will have my stages on my Garmin for comparison.

Calibration is easy. You pedal up to a specified speed and then stop pedalling. The trainer and app does the rest for you. It really is that simple.

I think you’ll get away with any smart phone. Emphasis on ‘think’ as I don’t have experience with Android. You can ask Wahoo support who are very good. Various apps have slightly different ways of calibrating your bike, but it would be helpful to have exactly the same tyre pressure and you may need to know the exact diameter of your tyre. I found this easy with Schwalbe because they list this information online, but I can’t comment on other brands.

bobinski

Legendary Member
There is a lot written elsewhere about the (in)accuracy of stages so I am not sure that getting as close a watts reading to the stages, even if you can, is the way forward. May be better to be able to quantify the difference. A lot of snap users end up finding the stages over reports.

I find my stages quite accurate the only downside is when sharply accelerating it seems to falter over 900w and is quite a bit off, I used to have a powertap so I compared the readings to that. I think that there was probably a 5w difference in avg power but for me that was ok

Top Bottom