Kickstand Options, Center vs Rear... What Do You Prefer and Why?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gom

Über Member
In general - they have their place on loaded touring bikes and recumbents I guess, but not my cup of tea, but then I'm pretty much solely a road bike and gravel bike rider.
I find very useful on my MTB. Much quicker going through gate after gate alter gate ….

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I admire your attitude, but would the extra weight have slowed you down getting to the pub in the first place?

In general - they have their place on loaded touring bikes and recumbents I guess, but not my cup of tea, but then I'm pretty much solely a road bike and gravel bike rider.

The weight of a kickstand is such a small percentage of the weight being shifted that it would be neither here nor there. Unless the pub is at the top Of a 32% incline etc.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Mrs Tenkaykev has a custom Roberts touring bike and with a dynamo front wheel and Rohlof rear hub it is a bit of a beast when fully loaded with panniers. It has a “V” type stand under the bottom bracket an this has worked flawlessly for many years. She’s 5’2” and has no problem with the stand, just a flick of the foot and a push/pull.

Last edited:
I thought the real winner was the one that got to the bar second or third. Close enough to place their order with the winner instead of getting a generic lager.:laugh:

Not that I'm well know for not being the first to the bar or anything. :blush:

Top Bottom