kidney stones and stoned ouch.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Tuesday evening I was in total agony, my kidney stone must have moved. Five hours after first calling .nhs direct ( big mistake) I eventually was sent an ambulance and a practitioner paramedic , they were first class, especially the latter. I was eventually administered morphine, stoned aaaah. The pain didn't completely go but I was able to sleep. I notice when I jog a bit the pee changes, making me think it was related to it moving. I now have a date for the lithotripsy thingy, 4th Feb so no running until then, not sure if I should risk cycling or just get fat.. has anyone else cycled with a kidney stone, now on tramadol and diflofenac but not taken any yet.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I blame the Tory Government ....

Joking aside, I hope you get well soon ... it is Christmas after all ^_^

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just relax, stop cycling and running and cut down on carbs. If you stop eating spuds, pasta and rice you won't put on weight.

Blue

Legendary Member
I have suffered all my life with kidney stones. :cry: - Oh boy, are they bad, my thoughts are with you!

During the last episode I trained on my turbo and found it actually helped with pain management. I didn't risk road riding in case I ended up falling under a car when the pain hit badly. Stay very well hydrated - I find that can help the wee buggers along!!

If you receive any medical advice from your GP etc., follow it.

Top Bottom