Kids bike seat advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish1238

Hi everybody I stopped in at Halfords on my way home today from a break away to buy a seat for my bike for my little girl (as the wee man is using her old one on my wife's bike) the assistant asked me what kind of frame etc I had as a lot of road bikes are not designed for rear carriers so I showed him all the tech on my bike online so he knew everything to properly inform me as I don't have a scooby really. My bike is a Scott speedster 50, 2015 edition and on having a look the assistant said yes it will be fine and safe. Can anybody tell me that it is definitely safe as it's playing on my mind now a bit. My wife also has a road bike but it's quite a bit heavier and copes no problem with the other seat.

Sorry for the long winded post lol

lpretro1

Hi everybody I stopped in at Halfords on my way home today from a break away to buy a seat for my bike for my little girl (as the wee man is using her old one on my wife's bike) the assistant asked me what kind of frame etc I had as a lot of road bikes are not designed for rear carriers so I showed him all the tech on my bike online so he knew everything to properly inform me as I don't have a scooby really. My bike is a Scott speedster 50, 2015 edition and on having a look the assistant said yes it will be fine and safe. Can anybody tell me that it is definitely safe as it's playing on my mind now a bit. My wife also has a road bike but it's quite a bit heavier and copes no problem with the other seat.

Sorry for the long winded post lol
If you are unsure speak to a Scott dealer who will confirm or otherwise

Top Bottom