Kids gone to uni and house feels empty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
beanzontoast
Funnily enough - we were speculating the other day about if / when grandchildren might be a feature of the future. As our own children haven't really had the benefit of grandparents around them, I think we'd quite be looking forward to it.

Would need to have the time to enjoy it properly though - work has always got in the way of family things, though less so nowadays.

:biggrin:

Is that what that is? Both my mum and MIL have been on rants about 'I couldn't have been somebody if it wasn't for the family'; 'I'm not just a mum you know'; 'I could have been an X' - basically sounding frustrated and unhappy because of their focusing on family stuff first. There must be a lot of frustrated women out there.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
Slighty worse. My eldest son joined the army and had been in active combat in Afghanistan. At least with universtity, they almost always come back alive and unmaimed.

Mostly. Except for the two this year they've fished out of the Ouse after a week missing.;)

Had an email last week from a friend describing her tears all the way home from leaving her 9 month old with a childminder for the first time... I guess it never gets easier.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sorry Beanz, just realised that might not be very helpful...

I'm sure yours will be fine. Meanwhile, why not have a huge party, like teenagers do when Mum and Dad go away?;)

Arch said:
Sorry Beanz, just realised that might not be very helpful...

I'm sure yours will be fine. Meanwhile, why not have a huge party, like teenagers do when Mum and Dad go away?;)

And invite everyone from Cycle Chat to get disgustingly drunk and have sex absolutely everywhere. ;)

papercorn2000 said:
"Everywhere"?

From the Daily Mail

"Shocked university students ******** and ******** Beanzontoast returned home to find that in their absence their parents had hosted a drunken orgy at their home. Sobbing, ******* said, "We trusted them to behave while we were away, but they let a mob of drunken middleaged cyclists in the house and they................"

Arch

Married to Night Train
Canrider said:
Arch: Two now? ;)

Yeah. Not an archeaology student this time. Circumstances are apparently 'not suspicious', which I guess means suicide, or fell in drunk (last seen on Micklegate I think). They've been combing the river for some days.

Top Bottom