Kids pinching your stuff...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
At present I'm missing a really nice pair of ski gloves that I use to ride to work on colder days. They cost £30 about 5 years ago, way more than I'd normally pay, but I was walking on Dartmoor in sub zero temps without gloves, and they were the only pair in the shop. Last week when it was cold I couldn't find them. My dear son has previous with these gloves. Last winter I couldn't find them for ages and then I caught him red (black) handed. 'I thought these were mine' was his reply!

So, I left him a note this morning asking if he knew of their whereabouts. I've just come home now and asked about my gloves....... 'no, not seen them ever, I have my own gloves' he said

'Bloody hell, how do You lose everything, gloves, buffs, front lights...' says Mrs Dave

'There's a front light out in the garage, been there ages ' he says 'it's not mine, mine is in work'

'Yes, a Cateye 400 is in the garage, that IS yours, the one in work will be MY Cateye 800 that I've been looking for for about 4 months'

At this point Mrs Dave demands apology as I've been blaming her for my loss of a light.

The cheeky little bugger has 'inadvertently ' swapped his decent light for my really nice one.

£80 it cost me to get a new one.

And I bet my gloves mysteriously appear in the next few days!

So what have your offspring half inched from you?

Jackets, bikes, sleeping bags, climbing gear, anything really. I hold on to some stuff firmly but I relaxed a long time ago about 'my posessions'

Katherine

Guru
At present I'm missing a really nice pair of ski gloves that I use to ride to work on colder days. They cost £30 about 5 years ago, way more than I'd normally pay, but I was walking on Dartmoor in sub zero temps without gloves, and they were the only pair in the shop. Last week when it was cold I couldn't find them. My dear son has previous with these gloves. Last winter I couldn't find them for ages and then I caught him red (black) handed. 'I thought these were mine' was his reply!

So, I left him a note this morning asking if he knew of their whereabouts. I've just come home now and asked about my gloves....... 'no, not seen them ever, I have my own gloves' he said

'Bloody hell, how do You lose everything, gloves, buffs, front lights...' says Mrs Dave

'There's a front light out in the garage, been there ages ' he says 'it's not mine, mine is in work'

'Yes, a Cateye 400 is in the garage, that IS yours, the one in work will be MY Cateye 800 that I've been looking for for about 4 months'

At this point Mrs Dave demands apology as I've been blaming her for my loss of a light.

The cheeky little bugger has 'inadvertently ' swapped his decent light for my really nice one.

£80 it cost me to get a new one.

And I bet my gloves mysteriously appear in the next few days!

So what have your offspring half inched from you?
Probably loads of things over the years!

OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Jackets, bikes, sleeping bags, climbing gear, anything really. I hold on to some stuff firmly but I relaxed a long time ago about 'my posessions'

Anyone is free to use my kit in this house, it's just the bit where you're sure you left it there... or did I? You convince yourself you're going mad!

Julia9054

Guru
Valve oil (we all play brass instruments)
Phone chargers.
My husband's socks
All have mysteriously migrated to Manchester

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, nothing more alarming than finding that your daughter has passed he full motorbike ticket and is eyeing up you beloved GPz1000RX. Apparently I would look fine on her 535 Virago if I lent her the 165mph Kwak. T'was only relentless vigilance that stopped her from purloining it.

screenman

Legendary Member
Arm warmers, the eldest denied using them one particular weekend, unfortunately for him a week or so later the pictures turned up of him doing the 3 peaks cyclo-cross, yep there was all the evidence I needed.

Brains

Legendary Member
I leant my panniers to an Explorer Scout some years ago, and despite multiple requests they were never returned.

Sorting out the locally collected jumble for the Jumble Sale a couple years ago, I find my panniers have been 'donated' back to a good cause.
I had to pay a fiver to buy them back !

Top Bottom