Kids pinching your stuff...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User32269

Mine just go straight for the cash. Any change I foolishly throw on the shelf out of my work kecks miraculously vanishes. Transforming into "toast money" for school break time.
I reckon they spend about a grand a term on toast!

Will Spin

Über Member
...booze

Earbuds and chocolate seem to migrate to the kids' rooms in this house and the eldest got his provisional driving licence today, so that's the top of a slippery slope too! :wacko:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've started having my revenge and have acquired some of the things they have appeared to have abandoned.... I was wearing a Topshop "dress" earlier this week, though it's a tunic in my wardrobe....:rolleyes:

As for cables and chargers.... I make sure I buy coloured ones that I can instantly identify as mine:laugh:

Going the other way (I still chuckle about this!), I wasn`t too bad as a kid for half inching stuff, but my dad was a mechanic and when he had a car in bits with a neat little pile of nuts, bolts, and screws on the bench I used to add too them from the spares drawer....then watch the fun from a distance:laugh::laugh:

U

User482

At the last count, about two years worth of sleep.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gti Junior has all the cycling kit he needs; that way anything he damages is his own problem. Borrowing stuff is fine but there's no excuse for not giving it back, I pursue people relentlessly until they return things and then sometimes the things come back damaged. Neither a lender nor a borrower be....

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My kids have taken control of the PS4, and my Playstation account. The stepdaughter used to lose phone chargers and then help herself to everyone else's, claiming she "thought they were hers". I soon put a stop to that. I gladly let her pinch my old jumpers now though, as baggy old ones are now considered "cool".

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I've started having my revenge and have acquired some of the things they have appeared to have abandoned.... I was wearing a Topshop "dress" earlier this week, though it's a tunic in my wardrobe....:rolleyes:

As for cables and chargers.... I make sure I buy coloured ones that I can instantly identify as mine:laugh:
I just buy them in fives off ebay for peanuts, acknowledging that they will go walkies and it's the easiest way to avoid friction. It can come back and bite you, mind. One of the chargers I bought recently exploded. Literally. BANG! Like that. Gave me quite a turn it did.

pjd57

Guru
Socks
Boxers
Scarfs
Hats
Gloves
Boots
Jackets
Suitcases

He's "borrowed " all that and more.
I drew the line though when a neighbour phoned me on holiday to say my car wasn't in the driveway.

Phoned the police first , then him to tell him to put it back and leave the keys with the neighbour.

My daughter "borrowed" a camping stove and gas lamp about 10 years ago, and that was the last I saw of them......
They are probably somewhere in the bottom of the boot of the skip that is her car......

Top Bottom