Killer cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-62493165

Driver spared jail after causing grandad's death in Glasgow
A driver who killed a grandfather after ploughing into his motorbike has been spared jail.
Peter Dunnachie admitted causing death by careless driving after hitting Iain Wyatt at a roundabout, near Baillieston, in May 2020.
Mr Wyatt, a 43-year-old police forensic nurse, suffered a bleed to the brain and a fractured spine.
Dunnachie, 45, of Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire, was banned from driving for two years and three months.
He was also ordered to carry out 210 hours of unpaid work and will be tagged for six months, keeping him indoors overnight.

I'm assuming that sentencing guidelines were followed. When things like this crop up this is generally the explanation, not just a driver being let off, despite what it looks like.

I would like to think that, following Shapps "jail killer cyclists" announcement in the nation's most anti-cycling paper that, once the new legislation is in place that such guidelines would apply equally if the guilty party was a cyclist. I'm probably being a bit optimistic there, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom