Killer driver sentenced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
Piss poor.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Price of a life eh, especially a cyclist. Grrr

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
"You should have been able to pick up his bike in the beam of your headlights from 35 metres away but you never saw anything until you were a couple of metres from him.
"I'm satisfied that is because you were not paying proper attention."

a suspended sentence when the judge acknowledges the driver wasnt paying attention sends out the wrong message. also he gives the driver the "benefit of the doubt" over the speed even though the taco suggests 45+ mph on or around the time of impact and the comment on the light?? does he expect pedestrians or dog walkers to carry bright lights at all times so they can be seen?

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
So he admitted he was unable to see through his windscreen properly, was driving too fast for the road/weather conditions, and was speeding, but he still doesn't get a prison sentence? Disgusting. He should never be allowed to drive again.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My thoughts go to the family, surely this just adds to the loss :sad: What's the point in a tacograph if it cant 'prove' what speed vehicles are driven at? Maybe all judges should have to spend a year or cycling to see how motorists can be towards cyclists.
I'm not normally bothered by traffic, but on the A1035 i've had a couple of close calls, one on a Sunday morning when a white transit passed so close it only just missed me with the wing mirror, on a wide part of the road with nothing coming the other way :angry:

gary in derby

a suspended sentence when the judge acknowledges the driver wasnt paying attention sends out the wrong message. also he gives the driver the "benefit of the doubt" over the speed even though the taco suggests 45+ mph on or around the time of impact and the comment on the light?? does he expect pedestrians or dog walkers to carry bright lights at all times so they can be seen?
dont forget the safety helmet, hi vis jackets. its all down to cost cutting by this bloody government though to be fair the last one was just as bad. build more prisons then there will be room for these people.

Top Bottom