Kindle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I must be really thick because I still can't get this to work. Are you just using the book title on the list on the home page or opening up the book then transferring it into a collection? I've tried both and still have the book left on the main list.

On the home page, go to the book you want to add and press the right hand side of the directional pad (I can't remember if there's an actual arrow on it). A menu should pop up allowing you to add to collection. Before last night I couldn't get it to work either. It may be a firmware issue, I know I'm on the latest beta version now that I wasn't on last time I tried this.

HelenD123

Guru
On the home page, go to the book you want to add and press the right hand side of the directional pad (I can't remember if there's an actual arrow on it). A menu should pop up allowing you to add to collection. Before last night I couldn't get it to work either. It may be a firmware issue, I know I'm on the latest beta version now that I wasn't on last time I tried this.

I think that's what I was doing. I'll turn on the wifi and hope it downloads an update.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I think that's what I was doing. I'll turn on the wifi and hope it downloads an update.

I think you need to plug it into a PC to get a firmware upgrade. I had a few scary moments upgrading mine where I seemed to have bricked it so I'd say it's not for the faint hearted.

Keith Oates

Janner
Go to home page and then use the up/down arrows to highlight the book you want to move into a collection.

Then move the right side arrow and it takes you to another menu which says Add to Collection at the top.

Press the centre of the action button and it will take you to your collection names page.

Use the up/down arrows on the comtrol button to cover the Collection you want to put the book into and press the centre button.

When this is done then use the arrows to move down to the bottom of the page until 'done' is highlighted and then press the centre button again.

It should be completed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HelenD123

Guru
Go to home page and then use the up/down arrows to highlight the book you want to move into a collection.

Then move the right side arrow and it takes you to another menu which says Add to Collection at the top.

Press the centre of the action button and it will take you to your collection names page.

Use the up/down arrows on the comtrol button to cover the Collection you want to put the book into and press the centre button.

When this is done then use the arrows to move down to the bottom of the page until 'done' is highlighted and then press the centre button again.

It should be completed now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

That's exactly what I did and it didn't work!

scots_lass

It worked this time. I think I might have been doing something wrong the first time. So what I did this time is create the collection on the home screen. Go to the book and press the right side of the directional pad, choose add to collection and it worked. Cheers Rusky.

HelenD, I don't remember doing it this way the first time I tried so there must be another way that leaves the book in the main list.

M

If you sort the list by title, the collections appear plus any books in the collections. If you sort by Collections then just the collection name appears, any books not in collections and the dictionaries. I have only got one collection for read books called All Books Read so that it appears first in the list followed by the rest of my books which I have still to read or are reading.

HelenD123

Guru
If you sort the list by title, the collections appear plus any books in the collections. If you sort by Collections then just the collection name appears, any books not in collections and the dictionaries. I have only got one collection for read books called All Books Read so that it appears first in the list followed by the rest of my books which I have still to read or are reading.

That seems to have fixed it. I had it sorted by 'most recent first'.

Danny

Legendary Member
I heard an item on the radio today which suggested that Mills and Boon, and even erotic fiction, were popular items on the reading lists of Kindle owners as the absence of a book cover made it difficult for anyone else to know what they were reading.

Would any CC Kindle owners care to confirm this story?

buggi

Bird Saviour
I heard an item on the radio today which suggested that Mills and Boon, and even erotic fiction, were popular items on the reading lists of Kindle owners as the absence of a book cover made it difficult for anyone else to know what they were reading.

Would any CC Kindle owners care to confirm this story?

brilliant, i never thought of that. now i def can't wait to get some erotic fiction.

my dad was trying to justify to my mum why he should have an ipod, so i suggested it would go down a lot easier if he bought my mum a Kindle. He did. She loves it. I love it and now he's gonna get me one for my birthday whoop!

only thing i find annoying is:

1. why have both buttons on both sides. surely it is logical to have the back button on the left side and the forward button on the right side. Like a real book? even though i know about it, i still try going backwards with the big button on the left side. grrr.

2. even if they have both buttons on both sides (for one handed use i presume) why is the big button always for going forwards? surely the big button on the left side should be for going backwards?

3. why do they have the forward and back buttons in the middle, right where you hold it. i've turned the pages accidently, and so has my mum. She finds that annoying too.

but besides my niggle about the buttons, i love it and can't wait to get mine. and i don't even normally read that much LOL. i love the screen, it's very soothing to read, doesn't strain your eyes at all.

markg0vbr

Über Member
e books are now appearing on e bay dvd,s with anything from 500 to 3000 books, some in kindle format but there is always the format converters!
i find 3g kindle excellent for bike touring, i have 2000 + on it to choose from and i can do any web browsing ie quick google camp sight and contact detail's look at there web page / reviews.
for those of you how like to blog your tour there is no need to carry a heavy laptop, as long as you up load your photographs at the end of your trip.

Top Bottom