Kindle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
[/color]
Helen, I think there is a chrage for using the 3G function if you are using it for personal documents at so much per megabyte. I suppose that is charged to your account automatically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right. I was just thinking about normal web browsing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You're right. I was just thinking about normal web browsing.
Where does it say that on Amazon? If it is true, then the information I quoted from the Amazon website is incorrect and they should change it.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
But there is also free document transfer (from the same page):

Free Transfer of Personal Documents
If you would like to transfer your personal documents to your Kindle for free, you can send attachments to "name"@free.kindle.com to be converted and e-mailed to your computer at the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.co.uk account log-in. You can then transfer the document to your Kindle using your USB connection. For example, if your Kindle e-mail address is Jay@Kindle.com, send your attachments to Jay@free.kindle.com.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Okay, way down the sales page it does mention small charges, but that is a direct contradiction of the word 'free' which is used several times higher up the page.I've looked at that page and read most of it about 10 times now both as a potential Kindle buyer and a potential Kindle seller and I didn't notice that there could be a charge for any use of 3G. Still, there are work-arounds and 'experimental web-browsing' is currently free over 3G.

scots_lass

Is everyone still happy with their Kindles? Must admit for me the novelty hasn't worn off yet! Really looking forward to tomorrow when I will take it on a long train journey for the first time! Sad or what?

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Still pretty happy, although mine has frozen a few times. I don't know whether I was just impatient or there's something wrong with it. Has this happened to anyone else?

rusky

CC Addict
Are you using an Amazon case? apparently they cause it to freeze.

just jim

I would like to see a larger choice of fonts. Also I've noticed several typos on my inaugural book. It did freeze recently which I put down to a low battery, who knows?
The refresh rate is a bit slow at first but speeds up after a few page "turns".
I find myself trying to turn the page as If it's a regular book,
Apart from that I enjoy using it and can see the technology improving all time. Touchscreen, colour, flexible surface, it'll happen, mark my words sunshine!

Top Bottom