Kindle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
what covers/light are you using?
I have a Cole Haan cover. Not found a need for a light (actually, there was one situation where it would have been useful but I can't be bothered to carry one on the small off-chance).

Keith Oates

Janner
I bought a cover out here that is very good, although to be fair it doesn't look as good as the ones on the Kindle site but then it also did not cost US$ 59.9. The Kindle cover comes with a built in light that works from the Kindle battery so perhaps that's why the price is high. A friend bought me a light to attach to the cover for reading but frankly I don't see the need in having one.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Mine's currently in a cheap transparent cover from REI. I like that it doesn't add any bulk to the Kindle and is waterproof if closed properly. I can't see the need for a light. I use my head torch in the tent or in hostel dorms if no light is provided. Anywhere else indoors will likely have electric light.

CopperBrompton

I bought a cover out here that is very good, although to be fair it doesn't look as good as the ones on the Kindle site but then it also did not cost US$ 59.9.
Mostly price differences are accounted for by the quality of the leather, and how important this is to you will determine what should pay. I like quality leather and the Kindle cover is something I see and touch every day, so to me it's worth paying a bit more. If you're not bothered, then a cheap Chinese cover will do fine.

Keith Oates

Janner
Mostly price differences are accounted for by the quality of the leather, and how important this is to you will determine what should pay. I like quality leather and the Kindle cover is something I see and touch every day, so to me it's worth paying a bit more. If you're not bothered, then a cheap Chinese cover will do fine.
It wasn't case of not being bothered but a case of not being able to get one. I agree with you that the Kindle cover seems to be much better so I may well order one to be sent to my Home in the Philippines as I won't be able to get one here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CopperBrompton

To clarify, I was using the generic term when I referred to a Kindle cover: I don't know how good or otherwise the Amazon one might be. I have a Cole Haan one, which is gorgeous.

Proto

Legendary Member
Are there any real benefit in paying the extra £40.00 for a Kindle 3G+WiFi? I'm guessing it would allow the purchase of ebooks from sources other than Amazon, but is it a useful web browsing tool?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Apparently it is usable - earlier in this thread someone replied from a 3G Kindle.
It means you can buy books anywhere in the world, and get online anywhere too.
Well worth £40 IMHO.

just jim

Kindle for Crimble! Im quite glad I held off until now, the choice was a bit limited last year between the not very good Sony e reader and... err that was it. Thankyou lady wife!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
I see that Kindle are now promoting colourful skins that can be bought and fitted to the reader, not sure I like the look of what I've seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom