Kinesiology Tape - cheap placebo or useful aid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends what you are using it for maybe?
I've had it applied to elbows to offload a buggered tendon, shoulder to relieve instability due to a tear and
on knee to offload fat pad under a maltracking kneecap
I think I had it for plantar fasciitis too!
Certainly won't harm unless you are allergic to the adhesive (as a friend of mine is), needs someone who knows what they are doing to apply too.
I'm not much of a believer in osteopathy however!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'm a fan, although I do my own applications unless it's somehere I can't reach. Usually knee or ITB related but have done shoulder/neck elbows hands and wrists for various reasons.

Drago

Legendary Member
Had it on my knee, as advised by a professional physio some years ago following and unfortunate incident where I managed to hyper-extend the joint, ie, it bent the opposite way to that which God intended. I'm on the fence, as usual - I'm not entirely sure that it helped, although my recovery was reasonably quick.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I damaged my achilles tendon a few years ago & was advised ice packs & rest :sad: but it didn't seem to help at all. Someone suggested tape & a local chemist I know had some free samples, so nothing to lose. Watched videos on youtube on how to apply & within 3 days I was right as rain & not had an issue since. Not had cause to use it again, but I would certainly give it a go :okay:

pawl

Legendary Member
I’ve not had much success with the tape . Probably I am not using it correctly. For my knee I use an elastic knee support.I will have a look on U tube as I have a niglling problem wit my shoulder

Top Bottom