Kinesis Ti Frame and cable routing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Just about to start building up my Kinesis non disc frame and the cable routing around the bottom bracket has got me scratching my head.

In the kit of bits that came with the frame are two short lengths of black piping, should those be used to route the cables under the bottom bracket and then left in situ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I should think so. Seems a bit mean not to include a proper moulded guide but you can pick them up. If you do use one you will have to drill holes for the securing screws.
I should ask Kinesis for their advice.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
I should think so. Seems a bit mean not to include a proper moulded guide but you can pick them up. If you do use one you will have to drill holes for the securing screws.
I should ask Kinesis for their advice.

It has the proper moulded guide screwed to the bottom bracket shell already. But in the kit of frame parts it includes "Under BB cable routing tubes - helps guide front and rear derailler cables under the BB".

So from that I'm not sure they are meant to be used as a guide then removed or left in position?

Venod

Eh up
As you have a cable guide just use that, I can't think what advantage tubes bring (maybe protection from road dirt}

On my Kinesis non disc I only used the standard moulded guide, I can't remember being supplied with routing tubes, but it was a while ago, the MK 1 model.

Top Bottom