Kinesis Tripster or GTD?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedaljunkie

Regular
So I finally decided to take the plunge and get a titanium mid-life crisis bike. After trying the Kinesis Tripster ATR it ticked all my boxes so pressed the button on it. LBS now found out there are no supplies of a 54cm Tripster in the uk, and not expecting any until March 2019.
More research turned up the recently launched Kinesis GTD - seems to basically be a GF Ti with bigger tyre clearance.
Does anyone have any experience comparing these two?
I am looking at a big trip from UK to Lake Garda, over the Alps next year, loaded rear panniers but mostly on road. Off road capability would be good though. My priority is comfort over long distances.
Any shared experience welcome

wonderloaf

Veteran
Hmmm ..... looks very similar to the the Ribble CGR Ti, even down to the rear drop outs.

So I finally decided to take the plunge and get a titanium mid-life crisis bike. After trying the Kinesis Tripster ATR it ticked all my boxes so pressed the button on it. LBS now found out there are no supplies of a 54cm Tripster in the uk, and not expecting any until March 2019.
More research turned up the recently launched Kinesis GTD - seems to basically be a GF Ti with bigger tyre clearance.
Does anyone have any experience comparing these two?
I am looking at a big trip from UK to Lake Garda, over the Alps next year, loaded rear panniers but mostly on road. Off road capability would be good though. My priority is comfort over long distances.
Any shared experience welcome

I have the Kinesis GF TI Disc. It is a magic carpet ride.

OP
OP
Pedaljunkie

Pedaljunkie

Regular
Cheers for the replies. The less upright ride of the GF Ti / GTD does make me hanker for the Tripster. The Lynskey GR 260 has almost identical geometry to the Tripster, so now looking at this too...

DavieB

MIA
What did you decide on in the end?

I’m in the same conundrum. 34mm tyre clearance is probably ample. Will do most gravel stuff I want.... but if I go bike packing will I feel I need more...

My thoughts are it’s going to end up 80% road. If the rests on gravel/xc with 34mm tyres it should work....

Top Bottom