King Charles - Classy Guy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I wonder if they stuck an Airtag in his walking stick?

He has his phone with him and they know which routes he like to take apparently.

It’s probably the only time he gets off from being King, and a bit of mental down time. Good for him for getting out for a walk in the mountains by himself. It’s likely one of a few things keeping him sane, good for his mental as well as physical health.

I know from friends there are stories of his mother dropping by the bothy, and tales of his father inviting random hill walkers to join him for a bit of the hill BBQs he used to do.

Their life can never be normal, but I do think they crave a bit of the normal everyone interactions we take for granted. This one was filmed, but I’m sure plenty of interactions take place, that aren’t filmed, and remain private.

The BBQ's are are well reported talk is Philip was a master at it. He designed his own portable unit that he would tow on the back of the land rover. One of the Queen's childhood close friend said she use to make a good potato salad.

In the full version the king asks the lads where they are staying, and it turns out he knows the bothy they are using, stayed there himself as a wee nipper and that he actually had it upgraded a couple of years ago.

It seemed to me a genuine meeting of minds across the generations, and both the MTBers and the King were probably the richer for the encounter.

I was thinking there would be some serious lads with G36s or ever AWMs covering the King from afar, but I couldn't see any obvious cover they might use, although they could be all ghillied up.

The bikers, of course, would have been +vetted beforehand.

Top Bottom