Kirk Precision

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barry Warren

Hi All

I have a complete Kirk Precision that dates back to the early 90's that hasn't been ridden for nearly 20 years. The bike is made up with a mix for Ultegra and Dura Ace from the early 90's, but I just have no idea what it is worth

I know its a small market but does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

david k

Hi
have u checked ebay?

Try this guy - he might be interested. But other than that they are bikes with a bad reputation, especially for frame breakages so you won't get much other than from a collector. Looks like he paid £60 for his last frame.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Kirk? didn't they tie in with Dawes in the early 90's to make a space age die cast magnesium alloy framed MTB? It can't have been that good as they died a death.

As Adrian says, could be fun to watch one burn??????

OP
OP
B

Barry Warren

Thanks Guys

As you say none on Ebay etc

For it to burn you would need to grind it up so you get air circulation etc, also because its a Mag/alloy mix I doubt it would burn very well anyway, certainly nothing like mag ribbon in the science lab

Jezston

Über Member
Sorry, but I keep on seeing this thread title and picturing a West of Scotland Minister with compulsive behaviour :rolleyes:

I was thinking more along the lines of the ... exact and ... precise ... way that captain ... Kirk ... would speak.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
you'll get a deal of money for the frame and other retro bits if you hawk it round Broadway Market, Pitfield Street or LMNH

Hi All

I have a complete Kirk Precision that dates back to the early 90's that hasn't been ridden for nearly 20 years. The bike is made up with a mix for Ultegra and Dura Ace from the early 90's, but I just have no idea what it is worth

I know its a small market but does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi there Have you sold it yet?
I know that there is 1 guy who has been known to take them. The last one he was sent for the price of the postage. Simon Haydn.
I am kinda interested if you can send me a couple of pictures as I rode one in the late 80's and out of curiosity would like to ride one again.
Have to no doubt explain again to the lady of the house that the correct number of bikes = N+1
Paul

Zoiders

They are a bit flexy.

As long as they are kept dry though people still ride them, if you live anywhere near the sea though I wouldn't trust it.

I had a set of magnesium sus - fork sliders begin reverting back to powder after a ferry crossing to Norway.

Brian

I had one years ago and found they were quite tough. Used mine in Criteriums. Was always concerned that if I crashed, I would go up in a firey flash. Gave it to a friend who still rides it.

Top Bottom