Kirriemuir Audax weekend 6/7 June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

A weekend of fun on your bike.

Saturday 6th June:
06.00 The Snow Roads 300k (4.75 AAA): Kirrie - Banchory - Oyne - Rhynie - Dufftown - Braemar – Kirrie

08.00 The Mearns Meander 165k: Kirrie - Auchenblae - Stonehaven - Banchory - Fettercairn - Kirrie

Sunday 7th June
08.00 The Dunning Done In 207k: Kirrie - Piltochry - Aberfeldy - Auchterarder - Dunning - Perth - Coupar Angus – Kirrie

09.00 A Potter for Tea 100k: Kirrie- Forfar - Milton Haugh - Stracathro - Noranside - Pearsie – Kirrie

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
08.00 The Mearns Meander 165k: Kirrie - Auchenblae - Stonehaven - Banchory - Fettercairn - Kirrie
Should do it for me :biggrin:

Having done a few (OK - 3) 100km rides recently, I have found that it is not that hard ;). Sure, it takes a bit of time but it's time well spent, smelling the scents of the countryside, nice quiet backroads, your own choice of pace and stop as you like.

I would encourage anyone who has not done a longer ride (over say 50km) to just go out and ride it. It's not that hard, the bigger difficulty is the thought that 'it's a long way'. Once you've done it, it isn't that long the next time :sad:

ACS

Legendary Member
Thinking of having a go at ‘A Potter for Tea’ on the Sunday as my first audax outing. Can anyone tell me if I have to enter in advance or can I turn up on the day?

I have done 50 miles on the Tricross with a tea stop so a second cake stop should fit in nicely. Not fast, average about 13 mph which I understand is an acceptable pace.

Loads of other Noddy questions of course but they can wait until someone feels sorry enough for me to come to my aid. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

satans budgie said:
Thinking of having a go at ‘A Potter for Tea’ on the Sunday as my first audax outing. Can anyone tell me if I have to enter in advance or can I turn up on the day?

I have done 50 miles on the Tricross with a tea stop so a second cake stop should fit in nicely. Not fast, average about 13 mph which I understand is an acceptable pace.

Loads of other Noddy questions of course but they can wait until someone feels sorry enough for me to come to my aid. :tongue:

I should be riding the Potter for Tea on the Sunday. There should be no problem turning up on the day (I think, but I'll check with Alex) but if you enter in advance you'll get the route sheet if you want to plan as well as instructions for getting to the start point, etc. and it saves faffing about before the start, both for you and the organiser (and grumpy helpers like me :tongue: ) Or I suppose I could just tell you :biggrin:

Renard

Noodley said:
You could always buy some in one of the cafes just to make sure.
:tongue:

It would be a shame not to :tongue:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Renard said:
Doing other stuff. Decided to return to the fold though! 'Once a cyclechatter always a cyclechatter' :tongue:

Good to have you back :tongue:

I've just been speaking with Alex, the organiser. He says the routes are on bikely and that he is fine with people entering on the day but would prefer an e-mail so he can sort out the catering.

And he thinks gingerbread is a good idea :biggrin:

ACS

Legendary Member
I hope someone will have pity on me, I have, with a great deal of trepidation dropped an application in the post for the 100km Potter for Tea as my virgin audax event.

I know I need a pen, lots of money for cake and a big grin at the end; it’s the bits in between that scare me, what have I let myself in for?

I will be easy to spot, I’ll be the Billy no mates hiding in the corner.
:wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

satans budgie said:
I know I need a pen, lots money for cake...

Tell you what, you bring lots of money for cake and I'll bring a pen :biggrin:

See you there - if I get rid of this stupid lurgy which I seem to have picked up :wacko:

ACS

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
Tell you what, you bring lots of money for cake and I'll bring a pen :biggrin:

See you there - if I get rid of this stupid lurgy which I seem to have picked up :wacko:

Thanks Mr N, works for me, and I will see at the weekend for the jaunt around the loch.

Top Bottom