Kit for JOGLE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pinnacleadventure

Hey,

I'm planning a 2014 JOGLE (or LEJOG, not decided yet) with my fiancee and I was wondering if this is enough kit, too much kit or what?

http://jogle2014.blogspot.co.uk/p/equipment.html (Not a shameless plug, honest! :laugh:)

It'll be spread over 4 panniers (2 rear panniers on each bike + bar bag on each bike) although I should hasten to add I will be doing it on a road bike that can only have a rear rack anyway. It's definitely a B&B/Premier Inn tour (she likes her nice warm bed at night and I like a shower/bath) so we don't need stove/tent/bags/kitchen sink etc. That and I can't erect a tent either. :biggrin:

We have never toured before (She hasn't really ridden a bike since she was about 9 either so THAT could be fun.... ^_^) so any "take this/that/the other out" is fine and welcomed.

I know it seems like a long way off to be planning but It's going to take me ages to save up for it. I want one of us to have a decent tourer and I get the feeling it's probably not going to be me as I have a decent enough bike as it is, she doesn't so it stands to reason she should get it.

pinnacleadventure

After doing LEJOG on a road bike with a seat post rack and two panniers, I wouldn't choose a road bike again! Lots of miles on narrow wheels and extra weight = 3 broken spokes and no real advantage in speed either - my choice would be a touring bike, or a strong hybrid. Met a guy who'd fitted a rear tandem wheel to his touring bike to help with the weight - a bit OTT but it worked for him!

Top Bottom