Klingon cyclist beaming down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
NuqNeh! :biggrin:

I'm new to the forums and someone who has recently started cycling again (thanks to the Cycle to Work scheme last September). I'm also the other half of HaloJ.

I'm not a daily cyclist as many of you are but do try to get out 2 or 3 times a week, though I've struggled recently with motivation and confidence. I'm hoping this will improve now that the better weather is on the way.

I have a Trek 7200 with Shimano A530 pedals. I've also got a bit of kit including a Topeak saddle pack and Topeak pannier bag and a few bits of 'proper' cyclist clothing. I too have an MD80 mini camera which I use to record my rides 'just in case' I have an incident with a motorist. Expect to see a recording soon when I show you the 'flat' ride that HaloJ devised for me and the hill on it (she knows I hate hills!) :becool:

Workwise I'm an ICT consultant working with schools on how they use computers with kids. This involves lots of driving so my riding is restricted to after work and weekends when I can fit it in.

Hobbies include cooking and being a member of the Old Age Playstationers community, a place for us oldies to play our PS3s away from the screaming kiddies.

I'm hoping to learn some stuff from others here and that it'll help keep me motivated with my cycling. I'd also be grateful to receive any tips and help on how to turn HaloJ from being a cycling obsessed nut into someone who is just keen on cycling. :smile:

Qapla!

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
:becool: Hi hun. :smile:

Cycling obsessed nut indeed. :biggrin:

Welcome to Cycle Chat. Most on here don't bite but be prepared to have your riding position pulled apart by Lee if you post a video. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Martok

Martok

Klingon on a bike
HaloJ said:
:biggrin: Hi hun. :smile:

Cycling obsessed nut indeed. :ohmy:

Hello darling. :becool: And yes, you are a cycling obsessive nut. :biggrin:

yorkshiregoth said:
Hab SoSlI' Quch! ;)

"Your mother has a smooth forehead!" How rude, you petaH! :tongue:

Right, must sort out that video for posting later...

OP
OP
Martok

Martok

Klingon on a bike
TheDoctor said:
Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

Today is a good day to die!

One of my favourite Klingon phrases. :ohmy:

Not one I shall be using much in these forums though in relation to cycling. Though with the near misses I've seen on videos that have been posted on here it's a wonder that something worse hasn't happened to some members. :laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
"He's cycling Jim,but not as we know it "

Boldly go where no man has gone before .

Then tell us all about it .

Welcome .

Nanu Nanu, oops wrong alien; welcome anyway.

Top Bottom