KMC chains. A quick question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Catrike UK said:
Yes you can use two quick links but you need to space them apart.
Yes but that would nt work to lengthen the chain because you d have to remove half a link to replace with the quick link ( half alink):biggrin:

lukesdad said:
Yes but that would nt work to lengthen the chain because you d have to remove half a link to replace with the quick link ( half alink);)

You would need another bit of chain, I thought that is what the post was alluding to.

Tynan

Veteran
what catrike said, I thought you weren't supposed to rejoin chains with a pin you'd pushed out?

my chain has two superlinks in at the mo

wapguy

pinning a KMC chain?

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but I am normally on "another" cycling foruma and can not find the answer I have been looking for so thought this would be a good place to ask. I have used Shimano chains for years and always pinned my own 10 speed chains without any problems. Recently switched to KMC to save some $ and recently cut one too short. I still have the spare links that I cut off and am tempted to join it back together with a Shimano 10 speed (one time use) pin. Some say go for it (at your own risk) , some say no way. Others say to use 2 Missing Links but I don't like that idea either. The companies are of no help and I don't want to have a chain failure because of it. If the chains are of identical proportions it seems like it should be fine. Anybody???

Top Bottom