KMX Koyote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am going to remain positive. It is a Koyote 1.0. so I suppose it will have a few teething probs. Once they have sorted that out it will be really great. it is light. The guys in the bikeshop were surprised by the weight, and for me I can cruise around on a 50 tooth ring . I am still not great at descending hills, that is to some part due to coming off a two wheeler and really buggering up my arm and shoulder. I improved the situation by adding some toe in . Iam still rubbish at descending but getting better. What I want now is some mudguards, better weather, a pannier rack and a newer body. KMX have been great. I would not hesitate to buy another trike from them.
Nice review cant wait for some more pics please

Andrew1971

Veteran
+1 with KMX being good when I had a few problem's with mine. Nice bright red too. You must be flying with that 50t chain ring.
I am struggling with 48t at the moment. She does look good :okay: We'll have to meet up at some point Lanky:smile: and compare trike's.
Andrew

OP
OP
Lanky

Lanky

+1 with KMX being good when I had a few problem's with mine. Nice bright red too. You must be flying with that 50t chain ring.
I am struggling with 48t at the moment. She does look good :okay: We'll have to meet up at some point Lanky:smile: and compare trike's.
Andrew

In the spring. We will have to do a recumbent ride out at some point....if we got three recumbents at the same time we could call it a convention!

staff70

I phoned KMX and explained that the buckles on the seat worked loose after riding for a while and i am only a skinny waif. They told me they are actually getting a hard back seat made for the koyote and would send me one when they receive them, they have sent me a spare seat in the mean time. Can,t knock KMX,s aftersales

Andrew1971

Veteran
@Lanky I do know of a 3rd one but rarely get's used it's not a KMX though.
It seem's KMX seat's are a bit weak spot. Just not enough lumber support on mine even with a comfort ventisit on it.
Andrew

I don't think altering the tracking is going to affect the handling downhill a lot.
What it will do if you get it wrong is scrub out one front tyre.
If it's spot on, there will be no difference in wear between your two front tyres after a 1,000 miles.
I'm over 8k mile with no difference in wear between the front tyres on my ICE Sprint.
The one time I knocked the tracking out of line by bending the frame, I only got a few hundred miles out of one front tyre before it was worn out.

Luck ........... ^_^

triketeam

I phoned KMX and explained that the buckles on the seat worked loose after riding for a while and i am only a skinny waif. They told me they are actually getting a hard back seat made for the koyote and would send me one when they receive them, they have sent me a spare seat in the mean time. Can,t knock KMX,s aftersales
I recently purchased a Koyote and I am having the same problem with the seat. Did you ever get a replacement seat?

OP
OP
Lanky

Lanky

I recently purchased a Koyote and I am having the same problem with the seat. Did you ever get a replacement seat?

Hi, yes sent me a new one free of charge. No problems since. I thought they would be shipping all the koyote's with the new seat?. Maybe you have to ask for one ??

The other modification since my last report has been to to fit a rack. I was hoping for KMX to come up with one.

Top Bottom