Knee pain when in general, though never when cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ethan

I've recently been having problems with my knees, usually when getting up or going up steps.
It's not a bad pain, but it is concerning me. It's almost as if my knees are grinding, as appose to a smooth fluid movement in the joint. Sometimes my knee feels like its not returned to its proper setting and has almost popped out of place, which does hurt a fair bit but its a rare event.
I never have any sort of knee pain while cycling though, my bike is set up well and I never feel uncomfortable while riding.
It's almost certainly a result of cycling, as that and a general change in diet are the only things that have changed in the past year or so in terms of lifestyle.
(Diet being a lot more balanced and healthy than it used to be.)

I am 19 years of age and for what its worth I am highly allergic to milk - i.e. I have never been able to have any dairy product at all in my diet (someone said it might be that, but I'm dubious.)

Any ideas what the problem could be and how I could help make it better?
Perhaps someone else has had similar problems.

I'll obviously be going to the doctors about it soon, but I'm a uni student so I'm currently registered at the doctors there, I need to registered with the doctors at home but obviously such simple tasks often have a habit of going balls up!

Cheers

defy-one

Go see the uni doc fella. No need to guess with health

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Go to the doctor asp, at 19 you should not have knee problems, unless you damaged it.
Does not have to be the cycling, you could damage your knee just by doing a wrong movement, without even noticing at the time.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
I've had Crepitus since my mid teens, a lovely grinding in my knee's they've always been painfull regardless of what i do.
go the doc and get checked but i would also consider checking out your bike setup to make sure you are not causing this!
Pete

you can see your 'home' drs as a temporary patient, you don't need to wait to transfer all of your notes - Dr's are used to it. Either see your old GP (for ease) or your 'family' GP (a link to the practice usually helps, I have found).

Great to know someone else alergic to milk - assuming it is all diary like me, rather than just milk.
Have yo ufound booja-booja chocolate yet? their chocolate ice-cream is to die for!

Check it out sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
Ethan

Ethan

you can see your 'home' drs as a temporary patient, you don't need to wait to transfer all of your notes - Dr's are used to it. Either see your old GP (for ease) or your 'family' GP (a link to the practice usually helps, I have found).

Great to know someone else alergic to milk - assuming it is all diary like me, rather than just milk.
Have yo ufound booja-booja chocolate yet? their chocolate ice-cream is to die for!

Check it out sooner rather than later.

To the Doctors I go! I'll report back with his diagnosis. Cheers guys! Now maybe you can help me make my mind up on a new bike :laugh:

Well to be fair I can have eggs, even if they do give me smelly gas :blush:
But whey, lactose, milk protein are all a nono, and I'm intolerant to beef!
Funnily enough I can't have cow, goat or buffalo milk.
How bad is your allergy? Mine has gradually got better, used to be highly allergic to eggs and would get a huge rash if someone even kissed me after having a drink of tea half an hour ago (which is they figured out I can't do milk :laugh:)

I've not hear of booja-booja before! I'll certainly be getting some of that ^_^
Sweidsh glace is as close to ice cream as I've been so far.

How bad is your allergy? Mine has gradually got better, used to be highly allergic to eggs and would get a huge rash if someone even kissed me after having a drink of tea half an hour ago (which is they figured out I can't do milk :laugh:)

I've not hear of booja-booja before! I'll certainly be getting some of that ^_^
Sweidsh glace is as close to ice cream as I've been so far.

I'll PM you....

Top Bottom