Knee problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
There seems to be quite alot about at the moment .

I myself am suffering with Quadriceps Tendonitis ,caused by over stretching while i was doing that decorating .

And i was doing so well since Feb .Damn silly old fool .

Well last weekend had a bad time with the anti inflam's so i have now been advised rest ,elevation and ice for two weeks ,along with no gardening,no diy,no helping others and worst of all no cycling .

It's going to be a long two weeks .

Anyway going out tomorrowfor a meal .It's our wedding anniversary 20 years .

sheddy

Legendary Member
Get well soon. Are there any exercises for this ?

montage

God Almighty
I feel your pain! Not ridden a bike properly since early/mid 2009 :thumbsdown:

Operation soon though!
Sounds nasty what you have :angry:

ventoux50

Where in the Quads are you feeling this ?
There are methods of treatment which can be effective, specifically, cross friction massage, ultrasound and acupuncture, the problem with any 'tendinopathy' is the potential for residual scarring of the affected tissues which can lead to further injuries when exercise is re-commenced.
The application of deep cross friction massage helps to minimise the scarring and speeds recovery.
A good sports physio should be able to accurately diagnose and treat you.

jimboalee

ventoux50 said:
Where in the Quads are you feeling this ?
There are methods of treatment which can be effective, specifically, cross friction massage, ultrasound and acupuncture, the problem with any 'tendinopathy' is the potential for residual scarring of the affected tissues which can lead to further injuries when exercise is re-commenced.
The application of deep cross friction massage helps to minimise the scarring and speeds recovery.
A good sports physio should be able to accurately diagnose and treat you.

I bought an Ultrasound wand. Ultralieve Pro.

I cannot recommend these high enough.

Been of the bike with knee pain for the last week. Going to the physio this afternoon, just hope I can get it sorted before we go touring in four weeks.

ChrisKH

Guru
I've got an MRI on my knee this evening at some posh hospital in the middle of Essex (SurAlan Sugar's 'hunting' ground somewhere in Brentwood) so I took the car there this morning and had a little pootle to work on the Brompton. I'll probably get back and find the car is clamped.

I like the sound (chortle) of the Ultrasound pen though.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
I am finding that my knee issue is improving as my muscles get stronger (i guess) - taking a while, but it appears to be ok if I dont over-exert it. I also lowered my saddle by a couple of mm

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
I am finding the resting rather boring .Knee is feeling a little better and the swelling is going down .
I mhave just spent one hour weeding lightly this morning .J

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Something went wrong there .Just done one hour of light weeding .Swelling going down .

Next week i am going to ride along the towpath Leeds and Liverpool .For a couple of miles .Just to see what happens .

ChrisKH

Guru
Saw the surgeon today. Said I need arthroscopic surgery for a tear. I can live with that. What I can't live with is after he said "the sort of mileages you've been doing on your bike are not sustainable I'm afraid. With the wear and tear and the arthritis you have, you are on track to have knee replacement surgery if you continue. Recreational cycling, a mile here or there will be okay but the commuting and weekend trips are history".

I'm absolutely gutted. :angry:;)

montage

God Almighty
ChrisKH said:
Saw the surgeon today. Said I need arthroscopic surgery for a tear. I can live with that. What I can't live with is after he said "the sort of mileages you've been doing on your bike are not sustainable I'm afraid. With the wear and tear and the arthritis you have, you are on track to have knee replacement surgery if you continue. Recreational cycling, a mile here or there will be okay but the commuting and weekend trips are history".

I'm absolutely gutted. :angry:;)

I'm really really sorry to hear that....truely sad!
Time to start looking at kayaking and open water swimming?

ChrisKH

Guru
montage said:
I'm really really sorry to hear that....truely sad!
Time to start looking at kayaking and open water swimming?

I'll have to think of something. Bichon Frise power walking doesn't quite cut it somehow. Drink, drugs and loose women in any combination are suddenly looking quite attractive.

Top Bottom