Knee Replacement .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ZIZAG

Veteran
Another recruit for the Cripples club .
I'm Just Into my 3 rd week after a Full knee replacement .
All done on NHS at a private Hospital . Who were fantastic .
From the time I was Diagnosed with Osteoartiritus ,loss of Cartilage completely gone .

Bone on Bone was rubbing and you could hear It creak ," Ouch Caramba O' Mio Dio " .
So was having Excruciating pain just walking every step .
Leg was Deformed and I was crippled walking
But I was able to cycle with the Minimum of pain .
The operation and before and after care and attention to detail was brilliant .
I felt Safe and very confident with the Staff Surgeons doctors and nurses and finally weekly going to Physio .
To anyone who Is wary of having the Op and Is In Unbearable pain , I would recommend having the Operation .

There Is an awful lot to go through ,besides the pain .
And lots of precautions for a successful outcome . Although I'm on Crutches and have to learn to walk In a certain way again , and do lots of leg exercises . And put on Ice Gel Donjoy knee support for 20 mins throughout the day . This all goes to the healing process
. Which Is a 6 week . Recuperation rest Period .
My new Steel and plastic knee can take my weight now for a 10 second stand and I can walk with just raising the crutch's off the ground and walk slowly . I have been told not to overdo It . And stick to thee training programme . Flexibilities Is sloooooooooooooly coming back to the knee but still stiff . So i'm very pleased all In all .

Cheers ZIZAG

byegad

Legendary Member
As a candidate for the same operation at some point in the not too distant future I'd like it if you could please update us as you make progress.

Hope it all goes well, as it sounds to be doing so far.

Mrs M

Guru
Another recruit for the Cripples club .
I'm Just Into my 3 rd week after a Full knee replacement .
All done on NHS at a private Hospital . Who were fantastic .
From the time I was Diagnosed with Osteoartiritus ,loss of Cartilage completely gone .

Bone on Bone was rubbing and you could hear It creak ," Ouch Caramba O' Mio Dio " .
So was having Excruciating pain just walking every step .
Leg was Deformed and I was crippled walking
But I was able to cycle with the Minimum of pain .
The operation and before and after care and attention to detail was brilliant .
I felt Safe and very confident with the Staff Surgeons doctors and nurses and finally weekly going to Physio .
To anyone who Is wary of having the Op and Is In Unbearable pain , I would recommend having the Operation .

There Is an awful lot to go through ,besides the pain .
And lots of precautions for a successful outcome . Although I'm on Crutches and have to learn to walk In a certain way again , and do lots of leg exercises . And put on Ice Gel Donjoy knee support for 20 mins throughout the day . This all goes to the healing process
. Which Is a 6 week . Recuperation rest Period .
My new Steel and plastic knee can take my weight now for a 10 second stand and I can walk with just raising the crutch's off the ground and walk slowly . I have been told not to overdo It . And stick to thee training programme . Flexibilities Is sloooooooooooooly coming back to the knee but still stiff . So i'm very pleased all In all .

Cheers ZIZAG

Best wishes for a good recovery. :smile:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
As a candidate for the same operation at some point in the not too distant future I'd like it if you could please update us as you make progress.

Hope it all goes well, as it sounds to be doing so far.

+1 to this, I'm a bit away yet but this is on the cards for me too

Glad its going well for you, keep up the good work.

screenman

Legendary Member
Thank you for the write up and I wish you a speedy recovery. I also will be needing one at some point.

Ganymede

Veteran
:hugs:

I'm into my 5th week off my bike so I know how you feel! Your op is more significant than mine and I wish you all the very best for your recovery.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My stepdaughter just had the same opp as you. It was also done by the NHS in a private clinic and all the staff were very professional. She had to go through the 6 weeks convalescence with physio, crutches and regular exercises. She is now back at work and can drive again. Walking is still slow of course but she is making progress every day.
I am glad yours is also a success and wish you well on your recovery.

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
^_^:ohmy::blush: Update:
Hello Everybody . Its a month since my Knee Operation .
And I'm making very good progress . Getting less knee pain now and the knee Is starting to look reasonable normal . Where I had the staples taken out It Is more flatter now and a nice healthy pink colour . My leg Is still bruised In parts and bit sensitive and Itchy .

Each day I have to massage the thigh area and around the Knee Implant . Was told to use Bio-Oil or Arnica cream and Massage In gently .
All to aid the muscles to relax and take out the stiffness and tightness.
Went to physio yesterday was given more knee /leg exercises to do on top of the large list I already had :stop:So I told the Physio that I was walking up and down the stairs and In the house and short walks In the garden . She said thats fine O.K . But If walking outside Use both Crutches or one for safety . :notworthy: I obayed her. What I did not tell her I went for a 1 Mile stroll last friday .............................................................
And today did another 1 Mile . Walked hardly without the aid of the Crutches . :wacko::wub: But as a precaution , Had them on my arms, and beside my legs , just In case of overbalance . So Its very encourageing , So far so good .
Cheers
ZIZAG:becool::laugh:

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
Update . As I have been walking a mile each day did 2 mile yesterday .
Went for Physio and was put on a static bike .
First time I have ever been In a Gym Enjoyed the Mini cycle test .
The leg did not want to flex at all until I commanded It to get on with It then it flexed as I started to Pedal Sloooooowly after a min the Physio put the bike into an uphill mode .
I managed to do 3 mins at 12 mph .
And was well chuffed , the physio told me not to do to much on the static bike as I will end up with a sore leg .
So that was It .
Today went to my car and used the clutch on off 20 times knee leg flexed very well . So started engine up after 5 weeks and It started ok .
So as a little treat will be going out on a little jolly, on Monday , locally for a jaunt In the car

Ganymede

Veteran
Update . As I have been walking a mile each day did 2 mile yesterday .
Went for Physio and was put on a static bike .
First time I have ever been In a Gym Enjoyed the Mini cycle test .
The leg did not want to flex at all until I commanded It to get on with It then it flexed as I started to Pedal Sloooooowly after a min the Physio put the bike into an uphill mode .
I managed to do 3 mins at 12 mph .
And was well chuffed , the physio told me not to do to much on the static bike as I will end up with a sore leg .
So that was It .
Today went to my car and used the clutch on off 20 times knee leg flexed very well . So started engine up after 5 weeks and It started ok .
So as a little treat will be going out on a little jolly, on Monday , locally for a jaunt In the car
Hurrah! Sounds good!

J1888

Über Member
Keep on trucking ZZ - think age helps too.
My old man is 80 soon and was on the bike until he fell off about 2 years ago - had severe arthritis and could only cycle and barely walk- fell off and broke his hip...can't cycle any more.

Sounds like you're going great guns so best of luck to you

Top Bottom