Knee Replacement .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
UPDATE.
J1888 Very sorry to hear about your Dear Dad . He's a tough Un . I wish him well .
Yes age does help . I just became a young 70 year old this week . And apart from the trauma of the Op , I feel good and healthy . Cant wait to get back on the bike . As I was doing 50/60 milers last year and keeping reasonable fit until March . I hope to up the Anti . And do more and more long distances . As stamina has never been a problem .
So I'm Driving my car now .
The knee/leg Is flexing more now and I'm walking with my hiking stick and also did a short walk without .
My daughter bought me a Static bike for my birthday . So I'm using that now for 4/5 Mins at a time .

:cursing:The only real problem I've had Is I have had Sickness/Nausea ,:cry: feeling woozy feeling anxious and irritable :cursing:. And worse of all I kept getting these Hot and Cold spells with the Shivers . Which made me debilitated and had to go to bed for couple of hour . Only relief was taking 2 x Pink Migreleve tablets . Which gave me respite and I felt human again . :laugh: So I checked out the Knee Op forum ,and looked at other people who had the Operetation .
And It turns out This Is The NORM . After the Trauma , the bodys recovering . Also take note
One of the doctors said that taking( CODEINE )
BEWARE regular for pain relief can cause side affects . I.E Nausea /Sickness .......................................

So since I have stopped taking for the last 4 days . No Sickness or other awful feelings . I'm starting to feel normal . So all Is going well .
Many thanks everybody for your good wishs and encouragement .
ZIZAG :bicycle::boxing::bravo:

Only just found this thread, glad you sound to have recovered and have a working knee again. I have been promised new knees when i am old enough, not sure what I am meant to do in the meantime ..........

Ganymede

Veteran
UPDATE.
J1888 Very sorry to hear about your Dear Dad . He's a tough Un . I wish him well .
Yes age does help . I just became a young 70 year old this week . And apart from the trauma of the Op , I feel good and healthy . Cant wait to get back on the bike . As I was doing 50/60 milers last year and keeping reasonable fit until March . I hope to up the Anti . And do more and more long distances . As stamina has never been a problem .
So I'm Driving my car now .
The knee/leg Is flexing more now and I'm walking with my hiking stick and also did a short walk without .
My daughter bought me a Static bike for my birthday . So I'm using that now for 4/5 Mins at a time .

:cursing:The only real problem I've had Is I have had Sickness/Nausea ,:cry: feeling woozy feeling anxious and irritable :cursing:. And worse of all I kept getting these Hot and Cold spells with the Shivers . Which made me debilitated and had to go to bed for couple of hour . Only relief was taking 2 x Pink Migreleve tablets . Which gave me respite and I felt human again . :laugh: So I checked out the Knee Op forum ,and looked at other people who had the Operetation .
And It turns out This Is The NORM . After the Trauma , the bodys recovering . Also take note
One of the doctors said that taking( CODEINE )
BEWARE regular for pain relief can cause side affects . I.E Nausea /Sickness .......................................

So since I have stopped taking for the last 4 days . No Sickness or other awful feelings . I'm starting to feel normal . So all Is going well .
Many thanks everybody for your good wishs and encouragement .
ZIZAG :bicycle::boxing::bravo:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THIS WEEK!!! :birthday:

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
^_^:laugh::stop:UPDATE .
Week 7 .
I'm now walking without a stick , and my stride is getting better .Seen the surgeon today . He Is very happy with my progress and all the healing^_^ . Go back In 2 months for a check up .
Have been walking 1 to 2 miles daily . Physio was hard this week as my thigh muscles /quads are weak . So the physio gave them a pummeling .:bravo::whistle::biggrin:

Well actually kneaded manipulated and massaged the muscles then pushed the knee back to as far as it would go for better flexion . Was told to Ice pack continiousely as the knee area was hot .
Also I have started to use my static bike 2/3 times a day at five minutes a time ,and Its brilliant the leg knee Is loosening up nicely and I can rotate with better flexion . So Hopefully It wont be long till I get back on the bike :bicycle::becool::boxing:
Regards
ZIZAG

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
Update .
Week 10..
I'm doing well now .
Able to walk O.K .Upto 4 miles at a time .
The Bonus Is . " I dont get any pain now " with every step I take .

It used to be very painful . As I was so used to getting pain , I used the " No Pain No Gain" Adage to kid myself .
But now I'm Pain free.
Also have Good Flexion when bending the knee /leg. Physio Is going well, also as I'm put through my paces ,harder workouts .
Not far off cycling now .
ZIZAG .

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
Did a 5 Mile walk on Wednesday In the pouring rain :angry: ,with all my hiking /walking gear . Which Is one of my other hobbie's . Strode out and tested the knee /leg .
Got Into a good stride . No problem It was very enjoyable. Had a days rest yesterday , and was bored . With Inactivity:cheers::cry:

So today I decided to really test my Bi-onic Knee .:boxing: And got out my bike .:bicycle:
And went for a gentle pootle around the Cheshire lane's . Took It very easy and Sloooowly , found my knee tight as I peddled along then It seemed to loosen up as I got going did not want to overdo It . " Joy O Joy" It was great to be back In the Saddle again . And very happy to cover a nice 10 miles . For my first outing . :notworthy:^_^:hello:
ZIZAG

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
Well the Bi-onic knee has passed all the tests I have given It .
Last week whilst on Holiday In the Beautiful Llyn Peninsula In Norh Wales I went swimming In the sea at Abersoch . The water was cold so wore a wet suit ,So I could stay In for half hour .
Got Into a good swimming action and the knee /leg flexed well . So as from tomorrow I'm back on the bike ,hoping to cycle further now.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Good stuff... my knees are audible when I walk up or down stairs ... osteoarthritis, but doc says not bad enough yet for knee replacement! But he says cycling is the best thing I can do to keep them strong :smile:

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
Yes I can agree with your Doc .
Cycling Is very good for Improving and making your legs strong also takes the weight off your knee's

I have just got back to cycling last week .
Did some very short rides to see how It would affect the knee . And build up the mileage slowly . All was ok .
My last test was a 20 mile trip and I was very happy .
I can see the muscle coming back In my thighs and around the Knee .
:bicycle:So Tomorrow i'm off out for a 30 mile Spin around the Cheshire lanes and checking out Tatton park . :notworthy::smile:

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
Well Its 3 months since my Knee operation .
And all is going very well as I'm back on the bike just doing regular short cycles building up the muscles and stamina . The Knee has more flexion In It now , and Is rotating better now whilst peddling . Just a bit stiff at the start of my rides , then It goe's away and the knee/leg just feels normal . So getting there bit by bit ^_^:hello:

OP
OP
Z

ZIZAG

Veteran
4 Months after my operation .
:eek: And I'm slowly getting back into my stride , have been gradually upping the mileage from 20 to 30 miles and really enjoying time on the bike cycling around the Cheshire cycle ways. Stamina Is getting better also and muscle building up around the operated knee.
Sometimes I forget I have had an Knee operation . As well as the Steel bike I ride:bicycle: I've got steel In the knee now Its Bi-onic . So I hope this gives courage to anybody who needs the operation ,and are In as much pain as I was In .
Of course the Operation has Its drawbacks and certain things can go wrong . All I can say Is I was crippled with the Arthritis In the knee .
And was walking badly with a deformed leg ,with unbearable pain . But now I'm pain free and my leg has been straightned out also . So I consider myself to be very very lucky . Now that I have a fresh start again . :notworthy::biggrin::hello:

Top Bottom